X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Oaklandia30 View Post
    Hey I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but that's mine.
    The roof? Just another mystery that this car beholds. It is NOT a slicktop, how nice that would be, instead it's sunroof was sealed off then painted terribly by a previous owner. WHY? I still ask myself everyday. It didn't have a handle or anything to open/close it, so I fetched all the parts needed also sourced a new gear box thing-just been too busy to start working and exploring what's up. One of the drain tubes that come from the sunroof into the trunk was also cut, WHY?
    No headliner, WHY?
    I could go on about this car, still planning on writing about it one day on here and sharing the puzzlement. It was cheap enough and I accepted a challenge I guess.
    Anyways, the other 318is down the block is nice though not sure who's it is. Always feel we should go have a beer and moan about our paint woes.
    basket case e30s are still e30s! Good on you for trying to restore it back to glory. Bummer its not a real slicktop, that'd be sweet. Either way, glad to see one in the neighborhood. It's motivating me to get another e30 again. Biking everywhere sucks....

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by akasoldats View Post
    Nice! How's he like the swap? It sounds reallly good. I'm considering dropping an s52 in mine this winter.
    He likes his car.

Leave a comment:

• akasoldats
    replied
    Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    That's my buddy Joe, that's an s52 e30 with fender flares.
    Nice! How's he like the swap? It sounds reallly good. I'm considering dropping an s52 in mine this winter.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent Brick
    replied
    Hello to the gray E30 M3 rolling with a Porsche 356 that honked and waved at me on the 5 near downtown San Diego yesterday morning. Extremely clean, all-original looking car on nogaro weaves.

Cheers for paint woes and fenders rolled by previous owners wielding crude objects.

Leave a comment:

• Oaklandia30
    replied
    [QUOTE=wworm;4905576]

This is the one I was talking about, the roofs painted black (idk why) and the fenders look like they were rolled with a brick but its still sick.

Hey I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but that's mine.
    The roof? Just another mystery that this car beholds. It is NOT a slicktop, how nice that would be, instead it's sunroof was sealed off then painted terribly by a previous owner. WHY? I still ask myself everyday. It didn't have a handle or anything to open/close it, so I fetched all the parts needed also sourced a new gear box thing-just been too busy to start working and exploring what's up. One of the drain tubes that come from the sunroof into the trunk was also cut, WHY?
    No headliner, WHY?
    I could go on about this car, still planning on writing about it one day on here and sharing the puzzlement. It was cheap enough and I accepted a challenge I guess.
    Anyways, the other 318is down the block is nice though not sure who's it is. Always feel we should go have a beer and moan about our paint woes.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Do you think the owner knows lol?

My brother sold an mtech-1 package (w/o bumpers) to a guy on CL and found out a week later that the guy didn't know it was early model specific. Wonder if he went through with the painful install and this is him?

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    ^Strange to see M tech 1 stuff on an facelift model.
    Right? I was a bit confused when I started looking at details.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    ^Strange to see M tech 1 stuff on an facelift model.

Leave a comment:

• itskingsteelo
    replied
    Saw this puppy on Thursday up the street from me. Very nice and clean looking.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chriso
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    I pass both of these every morning on my bike ride to work. Down by 40th and Shafter.
    I actually haven't seen either of those.

I have a feeling that the E30 that's been parked next to mine is a new tenant at my apartment building. Haven't seem them yet, but they've been parking out front for the whole week, consistently moving, so it must be a Daily Driver, too.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by akasoldats View Post
    I saw a pretty hotrod looking black slick top with fender flares and a white trunk yesterday on Overland just north of Jefferson. I was in a red vert with a tan top. I think I've seen the same guy in the same spot before. Whoever you are your car sounds pretty damn good.
    That's my buddy Joe, that's an s52 e30 with fender flares.

Leave a comment:

• akasoldats
    replied
    I saw a pretty hotrod looking black slick top with fender flares and a white trunk yesterday on Overland just north of Jefferson. I was in a red vert with a tan top. I think I've seen the same guy in the same spot before. Whoever you are your car sounds pretty damn good.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied

Originally posted by chriso View Post
    I haven't seen a red slitktop, but this early model was parked on the street next to my slicktop last evening when I walked the pup.
    This is the one I was talking about, the roofs painted black (idk why) and the fenders look like they were rolled with a brick but its still sick.

I pass both of these every morning on my bike ride to work. Down by 40th and Shafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• peetiewonder
    replied
    White 318is on white oak earlier tonight! Wassup man!

Leave a comment:

• chriso
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    I think I passed your car on the way to work this morning, same block as that red slicktop (with the roof painted black) right?
    I haven't seen a red slitktop, but this early model was parked on the street next to my slicktop last evening when I walked the pup.

Also, there was someone next to me this morning on the bay bridge in a Lachssilber Metallic 325is Coupe, and we had a full on conversation while gridlocked. It was fun.
    Last edited by chriso; 06-26-2018, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X