Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official California E30 Sightings Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by chriso View Post
    Hey, that's me!
    I think I passed your car on the way to work this morning, same block as that red slicktop (with the roof painted black) right?
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

    Comment


      Originally posted by wworm View Post
      I think I passed your car on the way to work this morning, same block as that red slicktop (with the roof painted black) right?
      I haven't seen a red slitktop, but this early model was parked on the street next to my slicktop last evening when I walked the pup.




      Also, there was someone next to me this morning on the bay bridge in a Lachssilber Metallic 325is Coupe, and we had a full on conversation while gridlocked. It was fun.
      Last edited by chriso; 06-26-2018, 01:58 PM.
      1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
      2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
      2013 Subaru WRX [Daily]
      1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]

      Comment


        White 318is on white oak earlier tonight! Wassup man!
        -Current-
        90 325i Coupe - Alpinawei├č II
        -Previous-
        92 525i 5speed Touring - Diamantschwarz Metallic
        03 540i Msport 6 Speed - Sterling Grau Metallic

        Comment



          Originally posted by chriso View Post
          I haven't seen a red slitktop, but this early model was parked on the street next to my slicktop last evening when I walked the pup.
          This is the one I was talking about, the roofs painted black (idk why) and the fenders look like they were rolled with a brick but its still sick.




          I pass both of these every morning on my bike ride to work. Down by 40th and Shafter.

          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

          Comment


            I saw a pretty hotrod looking black slick top with fender flares and a white trunk yesterday on Overland just north of Jefferson. I was in a red vert with a tan top. I think I've seen the same guy in the same spot before. Whoever you are your car sounds pretty damn good.
            89 325i Vert

            Comment


              Originally posted by akasoldats View Post
              I saw a pretty hotrod looking black slick top with fender flares and a white trunk yesterday on Overland just north of Jefferson. I was in a red vert with a tan top. I think I've seen the same guy in the same spot before. Whoever you are your car sounds pretty damn good.
              That's my buddy Joe, that's an s52 e30 with fender flares.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

              Comment


                Originally posted by wworm View Post
                I pass both of these every morning on my bike ride to work. Down by 40th and Shafter.
                I actually haven't seen either of those.

                I have a feeling that the E30 that's been parked next to mine is a new tenant at my apartment building. Haven't seem them yet, but they've been parking out front for the whole week, consistently moving, so it must be a Daily Driver, too.
                1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                2013 Subaru WRX [Daily]
                1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]

                Comment


                  Saw this puppy on Thursday up the street from me. Very nice and clean looking.
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

                  Comment


                    ^Strange to see M tech 1 stuff on an facelift model.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

                    85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      ^Strange to see M tech 1 stuff on an facelift model.
                      Right? I was a bit confused when I started looking at details.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

                      Comment


                        Do you think the owner knows lol?

                        My brother sold an mtech-1 package (w/o bumpers) to a guy on CL and found out a week later that the guy didn't know it was early model specific. Wonder if he went through with the painful install and this is him?

                        1991 325iS turbo

                        Comment


                          [QUOTE=wworm;4905576]

                          This is the one I was talking about, the roofs painted black (idk why) and the fenders look like they were rolled with a brick but its still sick.

                          Hey I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but that's mine.
                          The roof? Just another mystery that this car beholds. It is NOT a slicktop, how nice that would be, instead it's sunroof was sealed off then painted terribly by a previous owner. WHY? I still ask myself everyday. It didn't have a handle or anything to open/close it, so I fetched all the parts needed also sourced a new gear box thing-just been too busy to start working and exploring what's up. One of the drain tubes that come from the sunroof into the trunk was also cut, WHY?
                          No headliner, WHY?
                          I could go on about this car, still planning on writing about it one day on here and sharing the puzzlement. It was cheap enough and I accepted a challenge I guess.
                          Anyways, the other 318is down the block is nice though not sure who's it is. Always feel we should go have a beer and moan about our paint woes.

                          Comment


                            Hello to the gray E30 M3 rolling with a Porsche 356 that honked and waved at me on the 5 near downtown San Diego yesterday morning. Extremely clean, all-original looking car on nogaro weaves.

                            Cheers for paint woes and fenders rolled by previous owners wielding crude objects.
                            sigpic
                            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

                            WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              That's my buddy Joe, that's an s52 e30 with fender flares.
                              Nice! How's he like the swap? It sounds reallly good. I'm considering dropping an s52 in mine this winter.
                              89 325i Vert

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by akasoldats View Post
                                Nice! How's he like the swap? It sounds reallly good. I'm considering dropping an s52 in mine this winter.
                                He likes his car.
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X