X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilezen
    replied
    Sup. Rebuilding a diff, reading through r3v & elsewhere for info.

Realoem is letting me down, it doesn't have part numbers for the contents inside the LSD. Super frustrating!
    My Bentley manual sucks too. The only thing it says about a diff is how to replace seals.

I'm on the fence about replacing the front/pinion bearings. They seeem to be in good condition... don't replace what you don't need to, right? But... the diff is out, on the table... might as well? Buy the dial torque gauge tool and measure the resistance of the new bearings? Technically I can replace that pinion seal if I mark the nut and shaft, and reinstall them in exactly the same spot. So I don't mess with the bearings.

Ugh, it's a frustrating decision. I don't want to spend the extra money for either the tool or someone to do it, especially if it doesn't need to be replaced.

I really need two new/replacement large spider gears. But I don't know the part numbers, and nobody except Racing Diffs sells them (at $125+ a piece!).

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Sup

Leave a comment:

• jchandler
    replied

jdm as fck yo... lolz. looks cool. different

Leave a comment:

• jchandler
    replied
    So it's probably a small flange driveshaft then. Is it a vert or sedan?

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by efficient View Post
    Anyone know of a good shop that will replace my flex pipe on my m20. Fumes are strong and give me a headache. Preferably around the pasadena area
    Not in Pasadena, but we can definitely handle that repair at BimmerHeads.

Leave a comment:

• jjjjj
    replied
    Originally posted by efficient View Post
    Anyone know of a good shop that will replace my flex pipe on my m20. Fumes are strong and give me a headache. Preferably around the pasadena area
    Call up The M Shop. I was in there last year for some minor work, and they recommended one to me. It's somewhere near their business, but I can't remember the name.

On a different note, is anyone going to the SoCal Vintage meet on Saturday?

Leave a comment:

• efficient
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OSAH racing
    replied
    Looking for a good small case 4.10 LSD so cal.

Leave a comment:

• OSAH racing
    replied
    Looking for a good small case 4.10 LSD so cal.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    It's an ok price for not having any information about it... $250 for the block but needs $2000 to replace scored liners and trim the deck I would guess, lol

Leave a comment:

• Motheye99
    replied
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

alluminum m52 block

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Hey the Midtown Meet in LA is this Friday!

Leave a comment:

• OSAH racing
    replied
    Myself, my wife , a friend and if they will let me my dog are going, Andrew are Dog's on a leash okay.

Leave a comment:

• AceAndrew777
    replied
    I'll be there. The car won't be. Progress has frozen since school started back up.

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Anybody going to the Ireland Engineering Open House this Saturday?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X