• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
    Shwang is finally legal to drink!

Originally posted by yert315
    Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Sweet! McKenna isnt too far from me, I'll stop by on my way up north. Are any of you going to the McKenna thing tomorow???

Im meeting a few folks to buy some parts for my E30. It will be with me for the Vintage Show. excited for it
      Last edited by 2mAn; 09-06-2013, 04:23 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I should be there tomorrow.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          SoCal Vintage BMW car show, October 19th!

Woodley Park, Van Nuys, CA

8am-3pm.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
            Does anyone have any thoughts on the 2001-03 e39 M5s? Doing a little research and they seem like a great car at a great price but wanted to ask here if this is a car to stay away from? Any gremlins or known failures?

HAppy birthday big guy!
            I keep debating selling my E30 for an E39 M5...but I am still very stoked to jump into my car every day. IMO if you take care of your E30 VERY well, you might be prepared for the E39 expenses. Simple things like rotors are expensive, then it's mainly just the engine and associated things that are also expensive when needing fixed. It is a semi-dry sump engine, so there are many more oil related fixes that can be VERY costly.

Comment

I would not look forward to replacing all those vanos units. E39s are high maintenance on their own. Plus they are not fast.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                I would not look forward to replacing all those vanos units. E39s are high maintenance on their own. Plus they are not fast.
                Are you serious a e39 m5 isnt fast?pretty damn fast for a car being as heavy asit is

sent from my bomb a$$ tablet

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                  I keep debating selling my E30 for an E39 M5...but I am still very stoked to jump into my car every day. IMO if you take care of your E30 VERY well, you might be prepared for the E39 expenses. Simple things like rotors are expensive, then it's mainly just the engine and associated things that are also expensive when needing fixed. It is a semi-dry sump engine, so there are many more oil related fixes that can be VERY costly.
                  Ya,from what I have read you better make sure you get one that has had few owners and very well taken care of because if you go for that "deal" m5 you will be in for a lot of expensive fixes. Definitely not a car you want to cheap out on.

I was just looking at something bigger for hauling people around and have always loved this style and figured why not go M. The newer ones are too fancy and just prissy looking if that's the right word.

They are too fast!!!
                  sigpic
                  TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                  FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

My 540 ain't slow. It's silly quick off the line in sport.
                    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

A s52 swapped e30 will hand an m5 its ass. They are pretty lethargic up top. They do have some nice grunt down low but that's about it. Better off getting a supercharged m62. Although i'm probably jaded by faster e30s.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

It's rumored that the M62tu sports with the 3.15 diff are as quick or quicker than the 6 speeds. I'd like to test that theory out...then have to get gas again.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

A s52 swapped e30 will hand an m5 its ass. They are pretty lethargic up top. They do have some nice grunt down low but that's about it. Better off getting a supercharged m62. Although i'm probably jaded by faster e30s.
                          Well of course the e30s power to weight ratio is way better then the e39s

sent from my s4

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                            It's rumored that the M62tu sports with the 3.15 diff are as quick or quicker than the 6 speeds. I'd like to test that theory out...then have to get gas again.
                            Idk about all that. Maybe off the line due to the sport has the 3.15 diff and the reg 540's diff is 2.90 or something like that i believe. My 540 is pretty damn nice with its stock diff now however i am in the market for an m5 diff as we speak.

sent from my s4

Comment

I will just take my 67 camaro RS 350 sbc anyday of the week.......Oh good morning !!

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                                I will just take my 67 camaro RS 350 sbc anyday of the week.......Oh good morning !!
                                Lol thats cheating

sent from my s4

Comment

Working...
                                X