Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your connections for air leaks. But I would clean your ICV and start there.
    Also, did those parts I sent you work out for you?
    I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
    1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
      Check your connections for air leaks. But I would clean your ICV and start there.
      Yes they did, thank you, those parts where the only thing I was missing to finish installing my head. You wouldn't happen to have the plastic cover that goes over the distributor

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
        I cleaned the ICV and it still does the same thing, I rechecked all the vacuum hoses and throttle body hoses and they are all tight. What else could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyac28 View Post
          I cleaned the ICV and it still does the same thing, I rechecked all the vacuum hoses and throttle body hoses and they are all tight. What else could it be?
          Is your check engine light on

Comment

Yes they did, thank you, those parts where the only thing I was missing to finish installing my head. You wouldn't happen to have the plastic cover that goes over the distributor
            I don't have the dust cap. I broke mine and used the xtra one I had.
            I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
            1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
              Is your check engine light on
              Is that the yellow blinking light on the video?

Comment

If I remember right your car is either an 84/85 and by the looks of that air box I'm pretty sure I'm right. That said, the car doesn't have a Check engine light.

Let us know what you've done , what wiring you're using, etc.

I think you were doing a 2.7i swap right?

Ps this is why build threads are helpful. Helps everyone stay on track with you as you go along
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  If I remember right your car is either an 84/85 and by the looks of that air box I'm pretty sure I'm right. That said, the car doesn't have a Check engine light.

Let us know what you've done , what wiring you're using, etc.

I think you were doing a 2.7i swap right?

Ps this is why build threads are helpful. Helps everyone stay on track with you as you go along
                  My car is an 84, Its not really a 2.7i because Im using the stock eta wiring, injectors and all sensors with the 323i head, 325i intake manifold and 325i throttle body. And like I said the idle was doing that before even changing the head but I though it was because of the bad head gasket

Comment

Been absolutely swamped for the past two weeks, in the auto shop and the machine shop... the plasma turned into a plasma router lol, all axes move now, we just have to tune the servos! Plus We got that contract for the "vacuum window" thing I was talking about, so the auto shop will be close for at least three months.

I'm going to need a vacation after this is all finished...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

My car is an 84, Its not really a 2.7i because Im using the stock eta wiring, injectors and all sensors with the 323i head, 325i intake manifold and 325i throttle body. And like I said the idle was doing that before even changing the head but I though it was because of the bad head gasket

There's something wrong with what you're trying to do, and honestly that eta stuff isn't very good. I'd ditch the eta wiring, injectors, etc and find someone parting out a 325i and get everything you can. You're eta block and 323i head will love it
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

There's something wrong with what you're trying to do, and honestly that eta stuff isn't very good. I'd ditch the eta wiring, injectors, etc and find someone parting out a 325i and get everything you can. You're eta block and 323i head will love it
                        Im just trying to get the engine running for now until I can get all the 325i stuff or swap a 24v engine in. Tired of having the car just sitting in the garage.
                        The idle issue was there before swapping the head. What else can I check before I just give up and just leave the car in the garage longer

Comment

Sup dudes
                          Originally posted by dvck
                          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Heyyyooooooooo....
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                              Sup dudes

Sup. Do you know what rates you want to run in the back, I found someone selling a bunch of coilovers springs and they might have the rate you're looking for

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              Heyyyooooooooo....
                              Sup.

Guys I can't wait to get the E30 back and go race at Buttonwillow on Saturday.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Sup. Do you know what rates you want to run in the back, I found someone selling a bunch of coilovers springs and they might have the rate you're looking for
                                Nah not yet, got take care of some minor fixes before i move on to that part of the suspension. Something keeps clanking around and i have t been able to figure it out so im gonna get underneathe it this weekend
                                Originally posted by dvck
                                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X