Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the headunit problem is an annoying loose connection at the back of the unit. push down on the connector and it works just fine, as soon as you let go, bye bye music... I hate messing with the HVAC panel too, Im just glad the OBC works again.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

wedge a piece of paper or plastic into it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
        wedge a piece of paper or plastic into it
        There is several pieces of stuff jammed in there, but its like the wires themselves need to be "weighed down" in order to get it to work... really annoying because the wiring job looks like it was done quite well
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

sounds like a little duct tape and some zip ties are in order haha
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
            sounds like a little duct tape and some zip ties are in order haha
            haha yea sounds like it!
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Ugh, what a "monday." E30 was giving me fits this morning so after ~20 minutes of it not wanting to start and hold the idle, I gave up and moved it to a different spot so I wouldnt get a ticket. Then figured, its a nice day I will take the roadster to work and just as Im pulling into the parking structure it starts coughing and dies twice as Im trying to park it... Priority is to figure out whats going on with the E30. This should be an interesting week!
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

So I moved into a new place with my girlfriend in Santa Monica, but parking suuucks so I've been leaving the e30 on the street at my dad's place in Culver. Got this 2-for-1 the other day :finger:

I'm sick of letting tickets pile up, so now the car is in his garage while I'm dailying the 'yacht. Feels sad, but I can't bring myself to part with it

Comment

Was the ticket for no front plate?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah, again. I don't feel like taking my plate filler off so I just ate the ticket.

Comment

Speaking of tickets. Finally got my notice from SLO for a no front plate ticket (which was the "reason" I got stopped) and for no proof of insurance (I had an expired card, forgot to put the new one)

Sooooo, since they're both correctable, Anyone have experience getting the proof of correction done? Do I just walk into a police station and tell them to look at my front plate/insurance and sign a paper?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                        Speaking of tickets. Finally got my notice from SLO for a no front plate ticket (which was the "reason" I got stopped) and for no proof of insurance (I had an expired card, forgot to put the new one)

Sooooo, since they're both correctable, Anyone have experience getting the proof of correction done? Do I just walk into a police station and tell them to look at my front plate/insurance and sign a paper?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                        Pretty much but avoid CHP stations.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Whats up with this site lately, ive been trying to get on here for the past few days and it keeps tellings me that the servers are down. And the taptalk app sucks for it.
                          Originally posted by dvck
                          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Maybe a long shot.... anyone have 440 front springs for GC coilover setup they dont need?

Comment

Got a dash camera for my birthday today! Hopefully I never have to use it for insurance purposes but I'll be glad I have it if something happens.

Comment

Fuck Apple... Ive avoided their products as much as possible, other than iTunes. Ive had my iphone 6 SE for almost a year and Ive used the same apple ID as before and now Im having all kinds of issues. It says my password is wrong and I cant get a code because the email its attached to is an old hotmail acct that I havent used in like 10 years, and one of my security questions isnt being accepted... so annoying. Now Im trying to reset my hotmail password... So annoying
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X