Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought you guys would appreciate this. I was freaking out at Cars and Coffee this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I passed a silver 959 last week on my way to work on the 23 south approaching Moorpark. There were a couple at the CARB lab when I had my wagon tested a year ago too.

Was the one in the back of your picture, showing off the height adjustable suspension? Looks like it's ready to go off roading.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificExposure View Post
        Thought you guys would appreciate this. I was freaking out at Cars and Coffee this morning.

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
        I passed a silver 959 last week on my way to work on the 23 south approaching Moorpark. There were a couple at the CARB lab when I had my wagon tested a year ago too.

They’re out here... Supercar Sunday yesterday

In other news, I might be buying a 914 with a 6 swapped into it. If the price stays as low as it is I won’t have a choice. Lol then I’ll have to sell the Roadster but I’m ok with that
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          In other news, I might be buying a 914 with a 6 swapped into it. If the price stays as low as it is I won’t have a choice. Lol then I’ll have to sell the Roadster but I’m ok with that
          This is legitimately my dream weekend ripper car. Please post pics if you do get it. Which 6 is in it?
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Simon, "6" as in the 2.0 6?
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Its either the 3.0 or 3.2... :twisted:

Flares, Fuchs... Fuch me. I doubt it will happen, but Im in it until Im not. We'll see what happens in the next few days
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Its either the 3.0 or 3.2... :twisted:

Flares, Fuchs... Fuch me. I doubt it will happen, but Im in it until Im not. We'll see what happens in the next few days
                fuchin christ thats a good combo. I had the pleasure of working on/around a few 914-6's at the shop I used to work at. One of them was stripped down and straight piped. My boss referred to the combo as "2000lbs of scream"
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Having worked at a shop next to a Porsche restoration shop for 4 years... I'm no longer excited about these common everyday cars. Even when the shop has their open house every March, and all the million dollar cars roll through.. I dunno.. the rare factor is gone.

I'd recommend anyone to attend the Callas Rennsport open house next year ;)

Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                    Having worked at a shop next to a Porsche restoration shop for 4 years... I'm no longer excited about these common everyday cars. Even when the shop has their open house every March, and all the million dollar cars roll through.. I dunno.. the rare factor is gone.

I'd recommend anyone to attend the Callas Rennsport open house next year ;)

Im pretty sure when I was there last, Im pretty sure they had 3 959s under wraps

The situation of being able to actually buy the 914 seems like it will be a little harder because the auction ends on thursday and the only time to see it in person is tomorrow. Im in Des Moines right now though and dont fly back until Thursday night.

We'll see though, its currently still in my budget
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Signed up for the autocross at Bimmerfest, anyone else doing it instead of the show?
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

Where is C&C in San Diego?

Comment

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
                          Where is C&C in San Diego?

There is one in Vista, Carlsbad, and this one is Rancho Santa Fe.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                            Signed up for the autocross at Bimmerfest, anyone else doing it instead of the show?

I’m doing the BMWSDCCA autoX at Qualcomm on June 2nd. First time with the S50 swap!

Comment

is anything special needed for auto x? always been interested in trying but have never looked into it.

Comment

There is one in Vista, Carlsbad, and this one is Rancho Santa Fe.

Where can we find the schedule? I was always wondering about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X