Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SV autox would only be about 40 sec runs for your car Charlie. I've witnessed a Corvette lose it at the end and slam into the curb due to driver error/stupidity.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
      The SV autox would only be about 40 sec runs for your car Charlie. I've witnessed a Corvette lose it at the end and slam into the curb due to driver error/stupidity.
      Lmfao..... I've seen that video too.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

What a terrible course!... so little runoff.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It's kind of a shit show but fun since you get a lot of runs. Tires never get up to temp since you grid for 5 to 10mins between runs. But I'm not competitive so it doesn't matter to me.

The best autox course set ups are the san Diego bmwcca but you have to work. 1:15 to 2:00 length course, elevation changes, usually 2 slaloms. Often have to shift into 3rd on some of the longer sections. You'll bang on the 2nd gear limiter in some sections. It's also all the way over at qualcomm. It's fun to take these older chassis cars and beat newer cars though. Different classing but still feels good.
          sigpic

Comment

The best autox course set ups are the san Diego bmwcca but you have to work. 1:15 to 2:00 length course, elevation changes, usually 2 slaloms. Often have to shift into 3rd on some of the longer sections. You'll bang on the 2nd gear limiter in some sections. It's also all the way over at qualcomm. It's fun to take these older chassis cars and beat newer cars though. Different classing but still feels good.

I convinced my brother to take his car out there. He’s always talking shit about BMWs... but I think he had fun at the BMWCCA Event. I might go in June2nd when they have another event. Not sure which car to take. both are kinda not ready to be hammered so badly

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Not e30 or BMW related but there's a bombs show this Saturday in El Segundo. www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org
              sigpic

Comment

Nice shots Simon.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  Nice shots Simon.
                  haha I wish those were me, whoever the photographer was at the auto-x took those. My brother drives that car hard and has owned it for ~15 years now. Still on the original bottom end
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    haha I wish those were me, whoever the photographer was at the auto-x took those. My brother drives that car hard and has owned it for ~15 years now. Still on the original bottom end
                    Do you know that ex-F1 driver Martin Brundle said the 190e “had one of the best chassis ever fitted to a four-door saloon."
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Ive heard that once or twice actually... mostly from my brother who uses that as the only rebuttal when I tell him the E30 is Gods Chariot haha

Whos driving to the Picnic? I need someone to bring me a swaybar back down for me :)
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
                        The usual spot is the big flat parking lot and they just set up cones everywhere.

[...]

Anyways due to scheduling conflicts their June event is going to be in a different parking lot. It's the parking lot next to the go kart track. It's huge (1 million square feet), there's some elevation changes and it's much longer and more spread out, definitely favors the higher power cars. I would definitely try making their June event if you can :up:

Holy crap! Now I'm interested.

Hmm, when I've run that course, my best was like a 38. I think Charlie would hit a 34... which was the highest I've seen good cars/drivers reach that day. It is a pretty small track, with not a whole lot of room for improvement.

What a terrible course!... so little runoff.

The course has plenty of runoff, that driver just fucked up hard. The finish line was way the hell over *there*, which he missed and flew past. Not the course's fault.

It's kind of a shit show but fun since you get a lot of runs. Tires never get up to temp since you grid for 5 to 10mins between runs.

This is unfortunately true. You run for 40~ seconds, sit for 4~ minutes. Coolant heats up while the tires cool down.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Ive heard that once or twice actually... mostly from my brother who uses that as the only rebuttal when I tell him the E30 is Gods Chariot haha

Whos driving to the Picnic? I need someone to bring me a swaybar back down for me :)

If I end up driving, I can bring it back for you. Waiting on a friends decision to see if I’m flying up or driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            If I end up driving, I can bring it back for you. Waiting on a friends decision to see if I’m flying up or driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            plz keep me posted. If you're flying Id ask you to bring it as a carry on but they would freak the F out...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                              Hmm, when I've run that course, my best was like a 38. I think Charlie would hit a 34... which was the highest I've seen good cars/drivers reach that day. It is a pretty small track, with not a whole lot of room for improvement.
                              they must have shortened it. I haven't been to one of theirs in almost 3 years.
                              sigpic

Comment

Does anybody have a black comfort driver's seat, they want to sell me, ASAP?
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X