Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was planning on going to the Speedventures autocross this weekend, but it's looking like I'm going to be too busy to make it.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      so is anyone driving up for the Picnic?
      I'm actually thinking about it...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
        I'm actually thinking about it...
        Please let me know if you do. I've been trying to get this sway bar for my Datsun from a guy in Portland. I think I found someone from r3v who will grab it for me and take it to the Picnic. From there I have a friend in NorCal who is driving up and said he'd grab it, but if you drive and have room for a little sway bar Id prefer you grab it...

Yes, this is what its come to for me to get this damn swaybar. Ive been trying to buy this since I bought the Roadster last year lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Please let me know if you do. I've been trying to get this sway bar for my Datsun from a guy in Portland. I think I found someone from r3v who will grab it for me and take it to the Picnic. From there I have a friend in NorCal who is driving up and said he'd grab it, but if you drive and have room for a little sway bar Id prefer you grab it...

Yes, this is what its come to for me to get this damn swaybar. Ive been trying to buy this since I bought the Roadster last year lol
          It's a good solution. Frank Porro got a set of rims for me in 2008 & I picked them up at his house at the time in Malibu.

R3V Express is real.

Good luck!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
            Alright I've officially signed up and paid for speedventures autox Saturday and Sunday. Only problem is I'm currently in the process of replacing all my coolant hoses. I got all the hoses out and am putting the new ones in, but I also need to change the gasket for the water flange to the throttle body. Problem there is 2 of the 3 torx screws sheared off while removing them so now I need to get left hand drill bits and drill them out :hitler: Second problem is I ordered new torx screws along with my other clamps/throttle body gasket etc, but the torx screws were apparently not availalble and will take additional days to process, and so far I haven't heard anything, so now they probably won't arrive in time.

I might try going to the local dealer to get the screws but I don't want to pay $10 for 3 tiny screws.. so I'll see if McFadden-Dale has similar sized ones that I can use in their place.. hopefully they do.

So this weekend should be pretty fun. I'm expecting a lot of people to be there though.
            I recently did that and the same shit happened to me... I just re-tapped it (10-32) and used some allen head bolts from home depot.
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
              Alright I've officially signed up and paid for speedventures autox Saturday and Sunday. Only problem is I'm currently in the process of replacing all my coolant hoses...

So this weekend should be pretty fun. I'm expecting a lot of people to be there though.

I've signed up too! And I've bypassed that throttle body heater as well.

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Sup
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

M10 engine in socal

Hi,

The engine to my 1984 e30 blew. Does anyone know of a m10 engine for sale in the socal area, I'm living in San Diego.

Thanks,
                  Tyrone

Comment

Originally posted by caLivin View Post
                    Hi,

The engine to my 1984 e30 blew. Does anyone know of a m10 engine for sale in the socal area, I'm living in San Diego.

Thanks,
                    Tyrone
                    Is there a huge difference between 2002 and e30 m10's? If not might have a couple options

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                    Sup
                    Suuup
                    Digging your scale models Terry :)
                    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

[QUOTE=nickflic3;4900375]Is there a huge difference between 2002 and e30 m10's? If not might have a couple options

I believe they use different fuel delivery systems
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Different heads, pistons, distributor mounting, fuel systems, etc.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Meet up?

Hey so I don't really know how this thread works exactly but I would love to have a meetup!
                          I was looking for an e30 for the past two years. Checking CL and doing some research here and there and finally bought my very own on Monday!!
                          I'm still learning about them and you can only learn so much from reading articles and forums online.
                          I think it would be great to schedule a meetup even if it isn't big, even like 4-5 people coming out would be sweet.
                          Getting to know the community and people around me who share the same passion and love (and knowledge) for e30's!
                          I'm in the long beach area but my car is currently sitting in my driveway an hour north so I can drive it up here or meet down there or anywhere within a reasonable distance.
                          I'm really eager to learn and meet new people! If anyone is interested you can either pm me or respond to this post!
                          Happy driving!

Comment

Originally posted by bmWes View Post
                            Hey so I don't really know how this thread works exactly but I would love to have a meetup!

You'll want to attend this meet, the last Friday of every month: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=345234

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by chilezen View Post
                              you'll want to attend this meet, the last friday of every month: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=345234
                              +1
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Well I've bled the coolant several times before, but I've always only drained the radiator. This time I drained the radiator and block, and I never realized how much air that would introduce into the system. I haven't done any tricks like drill a hole in the thermostat etc so it took a really long time to bleed the air out. To make matters worse, my blower motor wasn't working (it only works sometimes), and I discovered why you should have the heater fan blowing while bleeding the system; When bleeding with the expansion tank cap off/loose, it's possible for the coolant to boil while the engine is still within an acceptable temperature range. Having the blower on full blast could have prevented that. So I spent a ton of time bleeding all the air out, water temp got halfway past the halfway mark and the next mark to the right, the coolant started boiling and erupting out of the expansion tank, so I shut the engine off and put the reservoir cap back on, and you could hear all the coolant boiling inside, creating a ton of air inside again :hitler:.

The expansion tank was filled to the top when I capped off the reservoir. I went to the gym and let the car cool off. When I got back, the tank was almost empty. So I started over this time by filling the thermostat housing hoses one by one (lower radiator hose, upper, and hose to water pump) and tried again. Bled much easier this time. Heater blows hot etc.

It's almost 11 but finally the car's all packed up and ready for SpeedVentures tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing other E30s there!

Comment

Working...
                                X