Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    True story. It is hell. I learned it the hard way after wasting more than a few tanks of gas. Its like they live there. Same guys are also going after all the interchangeable goodies on other chassis.
    Both Wilmington locations are off my list. OC yards are either a hit or miss, lately more misses than i would want. Don't even get me started on the Sun Valley yard...
    There's lookouts who work at the yards, making phone calls on availability. I personally know this because I know 1 of those vultures. Makes going to the yards frustrating because they get the jump first, unless the car gets dropped off while you're there.
    From my previous trips to the yards, you want to know what days cars get dropped and how early can you get there. Also, you want to stash parts in the mom vans (chryslers, dodge or gm) that hardly ever get any love from enthusiasts.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

    Comment


      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Any recommendations for a good detailer? Im not the type to spend a day cleaning a car and would rather pay someone
      We have a guy who comes to the shop. Not convenient for you most likely though.
      BimmerHeads
      Classic BMW Specialists
      Santa Clarita, CA

      www.BimmerHeads.com

      Comment


        anyone know of a storage facility in so cal that will take a car that's not running but registered ?

        Extra points for somewhere I can work on the car.
        ( f ; _ ; )f

        Comment


          Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          If you ever want to get rid of those wheels, please let me know


          Yeah man I will let you know! [emoji1305]


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by Blackout View Post
            True story. It is hell. I learned it the hard way after wasting more than a few tanks of gas. Its like they live there. Same guys are also going after all the interchangeable goodies on other chassis.
            Both Wilmington locations are off my list. OC yards are either a hit or miss, lately more misses than i would want. Don't even get me started on the Sun Valley yard...


            Fuck the guys at Sun Valley. Showed up today after fighting traffic for over an hour and got there 10 min to 6, asshat at the booth says he closes at five till and wonít let me in to pull an ABS ECU for my 3rd Gen, which is under the dash held by 2 bolts. Dickless shits at the counter donít know jack so they fuck you on prices. Never ever going back even though itís the closest one to home.

            Monroviaís better, staff who know what the hell theyíre talking about and none of this primo bullshit.

            For what itís worth I donít pull stuff from E30s much any more at the yard. Too many ppl scouting staging and getting all the stuff you need before it hits the listing. Itís not surprising, LKQ sells parts separately anyway, so all youíre bound to find is the leftovers. Sucks.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

            Comment


              Someone on r3v should get a salvagr license and part out cars from aiaa auctions and copart. I'm thinking about doing it myself.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

              Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

              Comment


                Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                Someone on r3v should get a salvagr license and part out cars from aiaa auctions and copart. I'm thinking about doing it myself.


                Iím down, just need a spot to keep cars while theyíre torn down. Maybe someplace with a couple of lifts and some loaner tools.... and a stocked bar.

                Iíve talked this idea about a membership-type shared garage with a buddy of mine for years. Just hard to find a spot and liability insurance could be a bitch.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

                Comment


                  It's all about getting a scrapper license etc. That way you don't have to go through the brokers that cost 200$ a car.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                    It's all about getting a scrapper license etc. That way you don't have to go through the brokers that cost 200$ a car.


                    Is it difficult? CA is shitty about getting a dealer license, need to have a spot to ďdisplayĒ cars.

                    $200 isnít bad if the cars are cheap at auction.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scallywagon View Post
                      anyone know of a storage facility in so cal that will take a car that's not running but registered ?

                      Extra points for somewhere I can work on the car.
                      ( f ; _ ; )f

                      Comment


                        Hey dude, you're in OC now?
                        Sorry about your car );

                        Could be an option; it's a DIY shop with storing options.
                        https://urdreamgarage.com/

                        1991 325iS turbo

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          There's lookouts who work at the yards, making phone calls on availability. I personally know this because I know 1 of those vultures. Makes going to the yards frustrating because they get the jump first, unless the car gets dropped off while you're there.
                          From my previous trips to the yards, you want to know what days cars get dropped and how early can you get there. Also, you want to stash parts in the mom vans (chryslers, dodge or gm) that hardly ever get any love from enthusiasts.
                          It makes things a giant pain in the ass, I was trying to get just a dipstick tube from an M50 E34. Nope, those things get stripped for all the M50 swap stuff as soon as they hit the yard. The Ontario yard is pretty good but E30 stuff doesn't last, and most of the guys are animals about taking parts. Broke the whole center part of the dash just for the OBC.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ak- View Post
                            Hey dude, you're in OC now?
                            Sorry about your car );

                            Could be an option; it's a DIY shop with storing options.
                            https://urdreamgarage.com/
                            Yeah in Westminster working in Irvine.
                            Sucks to be me nerd
                            ( f ; _ ; )f

                            Comment


                              Where is all the vehicle storage at down here?
                              ( f ; _ ; )f

                              Comment


                                That is a horrid Sun Valley story. Shops like that everywhere.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X