This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chilezen View Post
    where can i find the group of guys who will drop what they're doing and go for a drive in the middle of the night?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
      LOL you're not wrong.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Ed told me the story/the history of the socal e30 scene... got me all hyped up. Shit sounded great. The meets, the caravans, the drives, the fender benders, the solid group of people; I'm just sitting here with some gasoline to burn and responsibilities I want to neglect.

Well I'm interested in a midnight cruise if anyone else is. Pick a day.

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I think now were much older and more responsibilities makes it a lot harder to just jump in the car at midnight and go hit the canyons
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
            Ed told me the story/the history of the socal e30 scene... got me all hyped up. Shit sounded great. The meets, the caravans, the drives, the fender benders, the solid group of people; I'm just sitting here with some gasoline to burn and responsibilities I want to neglect.

SoCal E30 lyfestyle at its best.

-NICK

Comment

I have to smog my eta that I just got. It passed smog last year with the PO, so I think it will be fine but it seems like the thermostat is stuck open. The temp typically stays at the first mark, so I’m not sure if this will effect the smog. I have about a week left to get it done.

Am I being paranoid? I want to try and do a pre smog but I dont want pay for like 3 tests. Could use recommendations for shops that have pre-test
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I have to smog my eta that I just got. It passed smog last year with the PO, so I think it will be fine but it seems like the thermostat is stuck open. The temp typically stays at the first mark, so I’m not sure if this will effect the smog. I have about a week left to get it done.

Am I being paranoid? I want to try and do a pre smog but I dont want pay for like 3 tests. Could use recommendations for shops that have pre-test

Probably paranoid. They test when you show up, cold or hot, right?

My PO got it smogged before I bought my E30, idk if the have to put it on the dyno, new cars just hook up to a computer and it’s done. Seems like way more of a racket now, the tech just sits there and signs some paperwork.

Ezekiel 25:17
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I’ll keep y’all in mind next time I get up at 3:30am because I’m an old fart.

Ezekiel 25:17
                  Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                  The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                  The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                  The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

beat on it before you get smogged

Comment

I used to be a part of a click that would do runs late at night. We would do runs near or on full moon, get better light believe it or not.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        LOL you're not wrong.
                        Yuuup
                        I think now were much older and more responsibilities makes it a lot harder to just jump in the car at midnight and go hit the canyons
                        Unfortunately
                        Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                        SoCal E30 lyfestyle at its best.
                        Siiii
                        Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                        I used to be a part of a click that would do runs late at night. We would do runs near or on full moon, get better light believe it or not.
                        Much less traffic and right on with lighting

I gotta put in my 2 weeks notice when you guys decide to do it.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Suppose 10+ guys were open to including their number in a group chat, specifically for drives? People would be more likely to respond to a text than finding out about it on r3v.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I'd put my number down, I can't wait to get back in LA in a month. Arizona is killing my E30.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I know a guy if you need someone to "pass" it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                                I'd put my number down, I can't wait to get back in LA in a month. Arizona is killing my E30.
                                Driving to AZ end of next month. Hope my E30 doesn’t get murk’d.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X