Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, E30s show up every now and then. That's how I got my turn signal switch and my wiper relay as well as a few other things. Almost scored an Mtech 2 wheel once but it was gone, quick!

Comment

Found VAC seat brackets in a E39 at willmington.
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

Lkq can be pretty lame, but I cant complain I got my m54b30 for 250$
        I've been keeping an eye out for an m54b30 at lkq . What are some recommendations for pulling when pulling a used engine?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
          I've been keeping an eye out for an m54b30 at lkq . What are some recommendations for pulling when pulling a used engine?
          Wait for the 40% off weekend, that's how I got it for cheap. I pulled from a wrecked auto 530i. It was my first engine pull so I forgot to check for the signs of a blown motor, but if the car is crashed your probably good. The 3L are a bit rare and 3 people came by when we were pulling it on the sale weekend. So my recommendation is go right when they open if your trying to save money. Otherwise there's a few in the yard now.

I used this guide:
          Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I also have a battery powered reciprocating saw. I used it cut the driveshaft and exhaust as well as any brackets that slowed me down. This tool save's tons of time.
          Bring a breaker bar and Torx socket set.

My method to pull the motor was to completely remove the E39's bumper and core support. It's really easy on that car and everything unbolts. I then used the free crane to hoist the whole eng/trans out and the took off the transmission. They also require you to remove the headers because they have cats.
          try and save the harness, I didn't and it cost me 50$ on ebay.

I went over to a E46 and took the intake boot off it and attached the E39 MAF so I got the right one.
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
            I've been keeping an eye out for an m54b30 at lkq

There's at least 5 at Wilmington right now...

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Looking for recommendation

Hi guy, Do you know any e30 mechanic shop or person that you recommend in orange county area. I just moved from nor-cal. Feel lost to look for trusted shop around the new neighborhood.
              Appreciated.

Comment

Whereabouts in OC?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Funfzehn is in Orange, never been but heard good things.

Ezekiel 25:17
                  Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                  The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                  The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                  The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I work for Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa, we have tons of e30 experience.
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Looks like I misplaced all the hardware for my Euro bumpers. Anyone know where to find hardware/brackets besides ClassicEuroParts? $160 for their brackets is steep :shock:

Comment

Just a friendly heads up, an 89 325i coupe is at the pick ur part in Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
                          Looks like I misplaced all the hardware for my Euro bumpers. Anyone know where to find hardware/brackets besides ClassicEuroParts? $160 for their brackets is steep :shock:
                          Im sure you'll find them! Keep looking
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                            Just a friendly heads up, an 89 325i coupe is at the pick ur part in Stanton
                            is it stripped or what :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              is it stripped or what :borg:

No idea, I got an alert on my phone. Its been in the yard since at least June 24th so there might be a few things left. Might try to head over on my lunch break and snag some stuff.

Comment

So I already posted this in the parts for sale but I'll post it here too. I'm looking for an m20b25, harness and DME. Got an idea brewing and I'm trying to figure out what it's gonna cost.

Also...Sup

Comment

Working...
                                X