This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
    Are corbeau seats frowned upon? When I got my car the seats were ripped up comfort seats and I got the sport borbeau reclinables . Now I’m regretting not getting some reupholstered sport seats . I do like the seats though. Just the rest of my car is all stock for now
    I'm in the market for a set pretty soon too. I've heard good things - they used to suffer from sun fade pretty badly, but I guess they've fixed that.

Comment

^ same here but how they seem to fade within a year is putting me off.

Comment

So how 'bout those earthquakes, huh?

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Ridgecrest has been shaking since yesterday
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
            So how 'bout those earthquakes, huh?

Woot! Working on some parts from a junkyard trip earlier, whole garage rattling.

That shakealert thing is pretty cool, they did this countdown on tv and we watched our lights start swaying when it hit 0.

Also - Sun Valley had an ‘85 525e, oil pan was there but I wasn’t sure if that’s the one folks need for the 24v swap so left it.

Ezekiel 25:17
            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I've been watching the news, seems like this could get serious.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

“There’s a 5% chance that this could be followed by an even larger quake,” said USGS seismologist Robert Graves, also speaking at a news conference Friday. -latimes.

so i guess the first one was foreshock and this one was the real earthquake and smaller aftershocks might follow. if they got a 7.5 or something that would be crazy.

What's the fake news saying? i don't watch that shit are they saying this could be the end of the world or what.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  “There’s a 5% chance that this could be followed by an even larger quake,” said USGS seismologist Robert Graves, also speaking at a news conference Friday. -latimes.

so i guess the first one was foreshock and this one was the real earthquake and smaller aftershocks might follow. if they got a 7.5 or something that would be crazy.

What's the fake news saying? i don't watch that shit are they saying this could be the end of the world or what.
                  I was watching the USGS conference. My biggest concern for LA is a second closer fault line triggered by the one tonight. Of course this is small and they said the San Andreas isn't likely to go off.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Yes, the price tag on today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe custom E30 could be considered eye watering, but could its custom build and fat turbo make it a real eye opener?

Awesome job BimmerHeads: "Replaced motor with freshly rebuilt M20B25. All work carried out at BimmerHeads in Santa Clarita CA." - CL Ad

Comment

i saw a naked guy running around probably on bath salts in westminster/garden grove and
                      got hit by a honda going at least 45mph. no news of it from last sunday.

Comment

I hope the Honda's okay

Comment

Sup guys, I've been trying to start a turbo m20 build and was wondering if anyone can provide direct input and point me in the right direction.

I know the immediate response is gonna be along the lines of "use the search", but it's not that I can't find any info. It's moreso that there's way too much information. There are so many variations and versions of this build that I'm just overwhelmed when trying to figure out the best approach

Hoping someone can provide some guidance here.

Goals / Notes:

~m20 block ( I know 24v swaps are much easier etc but would like to keep the stock core in the car for sentiment's sake. My build direction has always been OEM+)

~Would like to bump up the displacement slightly (2.7-2.8 range) for lower CR but have seen several build versions where there was contact interference depending on the parts installed

~Aiming for 300-350hp range with the ability to turn up if ever needed. This will be my DD though so I'm not trying to do anything to crazy in terms of power

~Is there a way to maintain the 6500 redline despite an increased displacement?
                          Web Designer / Front End Developer
                          My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

Comment

Check out KAmotors he's a member here and has a website called ka motors. He sells turbo kits, maybe take a look for inspiration
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

24v actually wouldn't be easier, that's one of the reasons people prefer to turbo the M20.

~Would like to bump up the displacement slightly (2.7-2.8 range) for lower CR
                              Easily achievable with the correct crank. Custom pistons are preferred because the lighter the better, but you don't have to bore it out to achieve the larger displacement; it just helps if you do decide. I don't have the answer as to which OEM pistons are the correct ones though.
                              For the most part, no matter what, this will be an interference engine (as it was designed from the factory), so don't be frightened by that aspect; you'll have to either trust your research or physically assemble the motor and spin it over by hand (with putty inside) to confirm clearance.
                              Don't lower the C:R. Don't. The engine is fine the way it is, you'll make it much worse off-boost and it won't be worth it. Build the engine around that.

~Aiming for 300-350hp range with the ability to turn up if ever needed. This will be my DD though
                              Since this is a DD, I wouldn't even consider 350whp. The M20 is pretty tough but there's no need to stress the thing out and compromise driveability. I agree with the KA Motors turbo kit recommendation. Read up on his site.

Upgrade the rocker arms, use an oil cooler, keep up the maintenance.

Build something small, learn it inside and out, get used to it, and then upgrade later. Depends how long you want to keep the car though. The simpler it is, the easier it is to fix when it inevitably breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                i saw a naked guy running around probably on bath salts in westminster/garden grove and
                                got hit by a honda going at least 45mph. no news of it from last sunday.
                                Might be that new shit *Fentanyl.* it's a designer's garbage METH (not that any drug is better)
                                I hope the Honda's okay
                                Well it is a Honda, so nothing will be missed.
                                24v actually wouldn't be easier, that's one of the reasons people prefer to turbo the M20.

~Would like to bump up the displacement slightly (2.7-2.8 range) for lower CR
                                Easily achievable with the correct crank. Custom pistons are preferred because the lighter the better, but you don't have to bore it out to achieve the larger displacement; it just helps if you do decide. I don't have the answer as to which OEM pistons are the correct ones though.
                                For the most part, no matter what, this will be an interference engine (as it was designed from the factory), so don't be frightened by that aspect; you'll have to either trust your research or physically assemble the motor and spin it over by hand (with putty inside) to confirm clearance.
                                Don't lower the C:R. Don't. The engine is fine the way it is, you'll make it much worse off-boost and it won't be worth it. Build the engine around that.

~Aiming for 300-350hp range with the ability to turn up if ever needed. This will be my DD though
                                Since this is a DD, I wouldn't even consider 350whp. The M20 is pretty tough but there's no need to stress the thing out and compromise driveability. I agree with the KA Motors turbo kit recommendation. Read up on his site.

Upgrade the rocker arms, use an oil cooler, keep up the maintenance.

Build something small, learn it inside and out, get used to it, and then upgrade later. Depends how long you want to keep the car though. The simpler it is, the easier it is to fix when it inevitably breaks.
                                +1 this guy hit it right on the money.
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X