Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineered Applications LLC, in the city of vernon.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

So after 4 years since I had my swap done, I finally installed those e30 m3 beauty covers on the firewall. Just to make everything look more sanitary in my engine bay. I like it. Took me 4 years too long, but it's done.

Next is raising my car and getting the oil pan installed.

Comment

Do you have/have access to an engine support bar?

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
          Do you have/have access to an engine support bar?
          I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            there's a place in Gardena but I would take it to Embee in OC.
            What's the place in Gardena? I probably work nearby and that would be convenient. We do business with embee - I'll give them a call.
            Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Engineered Applications LLC, in the city of vernon.
            thanks!

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Looks like Taylor is selling his legendary bronzit. Sad to see this.

-NICK

Comment

Dropped off my M20 single mass at Vellios again, dealt with a different person. I think their pricing just depends on who you deal with, the day of the week, the time of day, the color of your skin, etc lol as this time I was quoted $135, told him I had $120 cash on me and he took it.

Getting it lightened and balanced again, just like last time. Its time to get the 2.8 build started since the Datsun is juuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssttttttttt about done..
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Dropped off my M20 single mass at Vellios again, dealt with a different person. I think their pricing just depends on who you deal with, the day of the week, the time of day, the color of your skin, etc lol as this time I was quoted $135, told him I had $120 cash on me and he took it.

Getting it lightened and balanced again, just like last time. Its time to get the 2.8 build started since the Datsun is juuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssttttttttt about done..
                  Mike or Carlos of San Pedro Auto parts, right off 11th & Pacific in the city of San Pedro can do the job for about $80 the next time. It's a nice drive and those guys are super cool. Tell them Ed from Jasper referred you.

Btw, prices are posted on the wall for them.

Comment

Mike or Carlos of San Pedro Auto parts, right off 11th & Pacific in the city of San Pedro can do the job for about $80 the next time. It's a nice drive and those guys are super cool. Tell them Ed from Jasper referred you.

Btw, prices are posted on the wall for them.
                    Thanks for the rec, are they good with M20 motors? Im going to need someone to play with my block and do some fun stuff soon so Im looking for someone relatively local who can help with assembly
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Unfortunately no Simon, they are more old school muscle car guys.
                      In my travels I've only met 1 shop who specializes in european builds and they are exuberantly (spell check) expensive, are behind 3 and a half months in work and are literally hidden from the public. Shop is in inglewood though, so might be appealing if you want to talk with them.

Comment

In my travels I've only met 1 shop who specializes in european builds and they are exuberantly (spell check) expensive, are behind 3 and a half months in work and are literally hidden from the public. Shop is in inglewood though, so might be appealing if you want to talk with them.
                        The muscle car shop or the euro, 3 month wait group? Either way, let me know.

BTW make sure you put those old skirts aside for me when you put your new ones on
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I'm pretty sure he means the euro shop is 3 months behind.
                          I took my m52 head to Vellios. So far they pressure checked, surfaced, checked valve guides and seats and valve faces, and cleaned it. So far this has cost $155.
                          All the exhaust valves and exhaust guides need to be replaced, which adds another 300 or so to the starting price of a valve job, at $275.
                          Rebuilding that head has gotten expensive fast, but I trust their word/work.

I'm going to send them a second head to check out, to compare, see if it's in better condition

Comment

I'm pretty sure he means the euro shop is 3 months behind.
                            This is correct.

I took my m52 head to Vellios. So far they pressure checked, surfaced, checked valve guides and seats and valve faces, and cleaned it. So far this has cost $155.
                            All the exhaust valves and exhaust guides need to be replaced, which adds another 300 or so to the starting price of a valve job, at $275.
                            Rebuilding that head has gotten expensive fast, but I trust their word/work.

I'm going to send them a second head to check out, to compare, see if it's in better condition
                            I hear everyone in the south bay call out to Vellios for their machining. I don't trust them, as I've seen some of their builds with incorrect valves and loose or wrong piston rings. Either way, there's another shop in the city of Hawthorne called ONE STOP engine rebuilding. They are off Praire and El Segundo Blvd. across the street from the costco gas station.

Comment

I was asking if the shop in Inglewood was the Euro shop or the Muscle car shop
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

In my travels I've only met 1 shop who specializes in european builds and they are exuberantly (spell check) expensive, are behind 3 and a half months in work and are literally hidden from the public. Shop is in inglewood though.
                                San Pedro = muscle, Euro = Inglewood

Comment

Working...
                                X