X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    A more modern rack is the best e30 mod

Is it a standard e46 rack or a purple tag?
    Its confusing
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Yeah, I read all about the e46s racks when I was preparing to make my decision.

Went with the Z3 2.7 lock to lock, mostly because of the linear progression vs the progressive.

It's nice have absolutely 0 play in the center. It's like a go-cart. Also, forces you to be more alert while driving lol.

No room to reach for anything as you drive, or let off a big sneeze, because you'll be in the next lane, or exiting the highway unintentionally
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Yeah, I read all about the e46s racks when I was preparing to make my decision.

Went with the Z3 2.7 lock to lock, mostly because of the linear progression vs the progressive.

It's nice have absolutely 0 play in the center. It's like a go-cart. Also, forces you to be more alert while driving lol.

No room to reach for anything as you drive, or let off a big sneeze, because you'll be in the next lane, or exiting the highway unintentionally
        I have a rebuilt 2.7 I got for 50$ of a guy parting his unfinished build. I'm waiting to get some wider gripper tires before going to it.

Are you running it powered?
        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

I have a rebuilt 2.7 I got for 50$ of a guy parting his unfinished build. I'm waiting to get some wider gripper tires before going to it.

Are you running it powered?
          Yeah, I have power steering.

I used the stock pressure hose. Just had to rotate the inlet where the banjo bolt goes through a few degrees, but wasn't too hard.
          Q

Comment

I need to upgrade my steering rack, but the 40 turn lock to lock rack isnt leaking so Im trying to focus on the engine build since Im kinda in the middle of that
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

i actually enjoy the e30 rack. so light.

Comment

A more modern rack is the best e30 mod

Is it a standard e46 rack or a purple tag?
                ZF rack, NON ZHP. not the amazing one but better than what i have now.

sigpic

Comment

I have the e36 no M rack that the write up was done on originally. No issues, good enough turn ratio for spirited driving. I'm not going to Gymkhana my car anywhere, but better than stock is nice.
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                    ZF rack, NON ZHP. not the amazing one but better than what i have now.
                    That is still a huge upgrade IMO

Q

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                      I have the e36 no M rack that the write up was done on originally. No issues, good enough turn ratio for spirited driving. I'm not going to Gymkhana my car anywhere, but better than stock is nice.
                      same here. keep debating if i should put power steering on it.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        Gotta have power steering brother. I feel like when an upgraded modification is done to our cars, it has to be worth the modern feel.
                        Initially it was a little scary cause I was used to a stiffer feel when steering, but I was loving the soft/smooth turns in no time. After a couple of days it was just a natural feel.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                          Do it!

It's really not hard at all to modify your stock HP line
                          Q

Comment

do you guys know how much euroweaves are going for these days?
                            they all have center caps and tires but i don't think the tires will change the price but don't think i'll even use them again.

Comment

I got mine for $650 many years ago, in pretty poor shape. But with centercaps. I had them powdercoated and wrapped them in summer tires. I swap them out with my basketweaves to preserve tire life.
                              I saw a set for sale earlier this year, going for like, $900+, and commented how ridiculous that was. I don't remember his response but he felt justified in his price.
                              I really don't see them for sale often though, so, you have that advantage. I spent a long time waiting for mine.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Does anyone have a smog guy somewhere in LA for a reasonable price? I want to eventually register the turbo car again.

Thanks in advance!

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                                X