Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a good mechanic, fabricator, or performance shop in SoCal? - CASTRO MOTORSPORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good mechanic, fabricator, or performance shop in SoCal? - CASTRO MOTORSPORT

Hi Guys,

So I'm here to promote and represent our shop - Castro Motorsport.

PRICES ARE EXTREMELY FAIR AND THE QUALITY IS TOP NOTCH!

Name: Castro's Smog & Repair / Castro Motorsport
    Location: 12600 Sherman Way Units C & D, North Hollywood, CA 91605
    Phone: 818-765-3606 (Ask for Chris)
    Email: castromotorsport@gmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/castro.motorsport.ca
    Instagram: @CastroMotorsport

What they do:

Dyno Testing and Tuning: In 2012, Castro Motorsport purchased a Mustang Dyno from Miller Performance. We work closely with Dan Miller and Brody Saari from Miller Performance for parts and tuning. Dan Miller comes to town periodically from Seattle to dyno tune various BMWs, whether they're naturally aspirated or have some form of forced induction.

Smog: They are not a Test Only station and will not just "PASS" you.

Mechanical: Any form of routine maintenance work, full diagnostic & inspection, replacement part installation, engine rebuilds, engine swaps, custom engine builds, custom turbo setups, turbo & supercharger kit installation, nitrous kit installation, automatic to manual swaps, custom exhaust, HIDs, etc.

Suspension: Factory & aftermarket bushing replacement, lowering spring install, strut and shock install, lift kits, custom coilovers, sway bar modification, strut modification, 5-lug conversions, etc.

Body & Paint: Any form of collision repair, custom and factory paint jobs, custom widebody work, body kit installation, custom fiberglass work, fender modification - rolling/flaring/stretching, cutting + fender flare mounting, custom taillights - all red, smoked, etc. removal of factory sound deadening, etc

Wheels & Tires: Flat tire replacement, tire mounting & balancing, tire patching, wheel polishing, custom wheel painting.

Sounds: Factory and after market radio installation, speaker installation, wiring, subwoofers, custom built sub and speaker boxes, DVD player installation, Navigation, etc.

Saul, Chris' father, the former shop owner (RIP), had over 30 years of experience as a mechanic and at the existing location. He knew as much as anyone could know, about almost any car you could think of. Chris, his youngest son has taken over as shop owner now, and is leading a legacy of his own.

Chris, the head mechanic and shop manager, grew up learning everything he could from his dad. He's a stand up guy, that's very knowledgeable and more capable then 95% of the mechanics out there. Chris is real artist when it comes to exhaust and fabrication! He has done countless single and dual systems, custom y-pipes, X-pipes, H-pipes, v-bands, turbo-back exhaust, turbo piping, etc. Chris truly has a knack for fabrication.

Chris also worked at RMS (Race Marque Systems) for almost 3 years, learning everything there is to know about BMWs and BMW performance from Osh. Most notably, Chris helped build and install countless stage 1, 2, and 3 E36 & Z3 supercharger setups, numerous cam installs, etc.

The bottom line is if you need a good mechanic, fabricator, or any kind of performance modifications, come to Castro Motorsport!

Many of the SoCal guys can attest to the work they do, it can't be beat!
    Last edited by MR 325; 05-22-2014, 02:09 AM.
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

They helped with my coils. And i usually NEVER pay to have work done if i can avoid it.

Thumbs up :up:

Comment

Some of the recent work they've done: (sorry for some of the shitty cell phone pics)

My buddy's Evo X MR 3" turbo back exhaust (yes, that's a 3" in dual 3" out custom y-pipe!)

My buddy Mario's s52 swap:

Raceland headers with subframe modification, full exhaust, custom fiberglass airbox, modified m50 manifold to retain stock brake booster (per customer's request), full custom coil-overs, sway-bars, bilstein sports, RMS short-shifter

Other work will be posted soon, it's a lot!

Stuff they've done for me: custom coil-overs, full exhaust, all poly urethane bushings, m3 sway links, rewired my swap harness properly, clutch install, sound system, etc. My turbo project will start soon...

Other members' cars they've done:

m3makers' s52 swap, e30_fiend's full exhaust, iron-e30's coil-overs, kronus's collision repair and all red tails, etc

Current Projects: 2002 with an m20 swap from a e30 325i, alpine e30 vert with a mtech2 kit and an m50 swap, e34 with an OBD1 m52 w/s52 cams, soon to be turbo.
      Last edited by e30polak; 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM.

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Once I get my bumper back on I'll get some before/after pics. It's a good quality fix.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Everything above is the truth. Real stand up guys those two and not only do they produce good work, they are fun as hell to be around.
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

thanks for the recommendation it's hard to find good mechanic's these days

Comment

Ya. They've helped me so much with my car, and are now my very good friends.

Comment

Chris and Alex truly are great guys. They do great work too. Bogart too. He fixed up my cadillac so nice. Looks like nothing ever happened. Chris has install audio systems in all of the BMW's I have owned (3). Top notch work every time. He has done my suspension quite a few times as well. He also fabed all the turbo piping for an e46 turbo that was at RMS. Boost pipes, down pipes, and exhaust.

-Chris

Comment

think he could help me source parts for cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
                    think he could help me source parts for cheap?
                    Well they'll give you a good price, but they will take a finders fee, just like anyone else.

Comment

Any idea on how much they charge for smog tests? I gotta do it on my car to get it registered...
                      "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

bump!

Comment

definitely good guys, great work. sending my car back this week to get it tidied up. very reasonable prices

i love the fat boy's garage

Comment

Fat Boys got my car fixed this week, thanx guys.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Can you guys make an exhaust for my car?

Comment

Working...
                              X