X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
    pls be my friend
    sure, why not!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
      Thanks!
      Well I'll just go super detailed into this for the heck of it.
      Do you need a roll for these wheels/tires?
      yes, absolutely in the rear. Depending on how soft or firm your suspension setup is, it will hit the fenders. Personally, I've only rubbed with them in the rear twice over large bumps at speed. Since then, I raised the car a 1/4 inch in the rear and have never had the issue again (1st, 5th, and 6th shot is of the car after raising it 1/4 in. In the rear).
      However, the rest of the photos of the car are after I raised it yet again by a half inch front and rear.
      I have zero rubbing issues with it!
      The fronts don't rub either, but I would recommend a roll just so the tire doesn't hook the fender climbing up steep driveways with your wheels turned at an angle.

I personally run Megan coilovers with 10k (559lb) rates up front, and 12k (671lb) rates in the rear. 22/19mm IE sway bars with reinforcements, Treehouse CAB's, z3 steering rack, e36 control arms, and freshened up components (control arms, bushings, etc)
      I give zero f*cks about what the purists have to say about these coilovers. Take a ride in the car, and try and say it handles poorly...
      At the end of the day, Megan and BC (same exact shock/coilover design minus the color) are great options. They allow plenty of features, adjustability, and customization to make the car feel, handle, and look the way you want it to.

The build quality is quite nice, and they do the job perfectly. Sure, they're not KW's or ohlins with thousands of hours of research, development, and tons of different bump and rebound adjustments geared for track cars. But I'm not going to spend $2000+ for track suspension on a daily driver.

To the spirited daily driver that will see mild auto-x time and needs the adjustability to fit various wheels or go for different styles, I would say they're the best bang for the buck.

It's less about having the right brand name on there, and more about how you set up the suspension. Find the right springs rates, dampening, camber settings, and a proper alignment and they'll out-handle a poorly set up high end suspension.

Now I'm not saying that my suspension is set up Perfectly, if anything I should raise the car up in the front to regain some of the original suspension geometry, however looks are just as important to me, so I'm willing to sacrifice a slight bit in performance to have it look the way I'd like it to.
      However, the car just sticks in the corners. It feels amazingly well balanced and handles like a dream. I've had multiple very knowledgable car buddies drive my car on mountain roads grinning cheek to cheek complimenting the car's ability and handling.

Wow, thanks for the details!

I will be on Bilstien B8's and H&R springs. I'm going to have to do a bit of math to make sure everything clears. I've already got a nice calculator so let's see where that brings me. I'll PM you soon.
      -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
        Wow, thanks for the details!

I will be on Bilstien B8's and H&R springs. I'm going to have to do a bit of math to make sure everything clears. I've already got a nice calculator so let's see where that brings me. I'll PM you soon.

Check out willtheyfit.com
        I always use that calculator!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Michelin Pilot Super Sports 225/45/17
          Seeing if there is any interest in my Super Sports. Have maybe 1000 miles on them and will probably have to get a stickier tire as I added more power to my e30. Will know for sure when I take it for a spin next week, but would like to see if anyone is interested. Price is $400 picked up or I can possibly meet you somewhere. I am in Lake Elsinore.

Originally posted by blunttech
          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by ArdaMK2 View Post
            Set of 17x8 throwing stars.
            Asking for $900 for r3v users.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/wto/5524126544.html
            PM'd and Emailed...

Comment

Kopi Alpina Reps 17x7.5 et20 4x100

Looking to sell a set Kopi alpina wheels I very recently purchased from a R3V member (check back a couple weeks). Put the wheels on my e30, replaced two tires and just realized I would like to go different route.

5 wheels and 4 tires. Decent tires (205/45/17). Two brand new. Three of the 5 wheels have welds. My novice opinion, the welds were done properly; the drive was smooth and no shakes at low or high speeds. Any other pictures or questions, pm me

Asking $700 obo.

Local pickup/meet preferred. Thanks for looking
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Too80s; 04-26-2016, 07:15 AM. Reason: Price drop
              sigpic
              1989 e30 325i

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                Hi guys,

Selling the wheels I originally bought my car with:

16x9 +15 all around.
                Rear tires are brand new Toyo Proxes T1R (245/45/16)...meaty!
                Front tires have some wear but still life. Kumho ecsta AST (205/40/16)...stretched.

Selling because I'm not a fan of the
                Meaty and stretched rubber and I want original wheels.

Will make official thread later today along with craigslist ad.

(All for $500).

-E
                Where are you located? I might be buying an e30 without wheels so I want to keep you in mind if your kinda local
                Instagram: @E30_Lue
                "Maggie": 1991 BMW 318is

Comment

Looking to buy some cheap (stock) wheels but with decent tires. 4X100.

Located in the San Fernando area (actually I'm Palmdale but nobody knows where that is so I have to say SF) lmao

Comment

Got a set of nearly new Falken Azenis RT615Ks - 215/45/16s. They have about 50 miles on them and then I let the car sit for a few months. When I got it running again, I had some 17's to put on so these came off. The tires are basically brand new! My loss is your gain - I'll sell them for 400 Firm - that's saving about 240 on the set! Pics:

Comment

dammit thats a steal! a month earlier and I would already be on my way to pick these up... Now I have a dilemma
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Bump for some stock wheels with decent tires.
                        If you have them let me know. 4x100

Comment

Originally posted by Lue_614 View Post
                          Bump for some stock wheels with decent tires.
                          If you have them let me know. 4x100
                          your best bet is going to be to stay on top of craigslist I think. they come up quite a bit but hard to find with good tires. i know as I have been looking too ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bendjeff View Post
                            your best bet is going to be to stay on top of craigslist I think. they come up quite a bit but hard to find with good tires. i know as I have been looking too ;)
                            I have a set

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                              Michelin Pilot Super Sports 225/45/17
                              Seeing if there is any interest in my Super Sports. Have maybe 1000 miles on them and will probably have to get a stickier tire as I added more power to my e30. Will know for sure when I take it for a spin next week, but would like to see if anyone is interested. Price is $400 picked up or I can possibly meet you somewhere. I am in Lake Elsinore.

Still available??

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                                I have a set

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                                let me know what you have. bottlecaps or weaves?

Comment

Working...
                                X