No announcement yet.

Santa Barbara monthly meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at mike's coffee cup in my exhaust. Great pics. Hopefully ill make the next meet!

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
      lol at mike's coffee cup in my exhaust. Great pics. Hopefully ill make the next meet!
      That's what they call it now adays?

I might roll up to the other one.

Comment

^^ That would be sweet! So, I read that you may do standalone? I just might have to do the same as I want Sunbelt cams, and I don't see a chip for an ODB1 S52 with my mods and those cams. If you do it I want to hear of your experience.

EDIT: Looks like TRM can make one...
        Last edited by R3Z3N; 03-09-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Autox mañana!

Comment

Saw some e30 guys racing!

Comment

Next AutoX at the Camarillo airport April 28th. Signup and lose your brake ducts! (Scott will get this ;-) )

Comment

Post up link. I may be interested.

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

PDF Link to Camarillo AutoX April 28th

Comment

I may just go because its so close to me. My uncle owns a hangar at camarillo airport so I'll just go hang out with him then watch you guys abuse your cars lolol

Taylor
                    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

^^^ Just drive!! Watching is not enough!!!!!!

Comment

Ooh, gotta photo whore my car out now. Pics thanks to Ted from PCASB:

Comment

How did that car do?

Comment

Actually it did pretty good. I need a square tire setup to do better (going to D-Force LTWs with Hankook RS3 235/45/17s or 225/45/17s on 8.5in wide wheels) , an adjustable front sway would be nice, and I will probably switch to the IE fully adjustable rear sway. (have Suspension Techniques 22m/19mm currently)I needed to soften up the front a little, and I did dial in too much shock in the front as well, but got a chance to take out 1/4 turn before my last run. I had my front camber set almost max, but the car was not corner balanced nor setup. I won't do that till I install the adjustable subframe mounts.

Problem with 17s is finding a small enough rollout with tires. 235/30/17 would be just great. Even just staying with 235/40/17 is a problem as there are only 3 choices: Star Specs (hopefully they come out with a new composition soon!), AD08s (much too expensive) and RE-11s (also much too expensive) The RS3s are really the best tire out there currently and they only come in 235/45/17s or 225/45/17s which are both a tad taller than what I have now. If I go with 235/45/17, I will almost need to change from my 2.93 diff to a 3.25. Right now, the 2.93 is about perfect because it makes first gear so long, and takes away enough torque for the local events.

I hit too many cones, and I know why. This car has flush rear tires, which is another 2" wider than my previous car. It did not occur to me until I drove home as to my problem with eating cones with the rear. However Scott can correct me here if I am wrong, as he was corner marshaling when I ran (and vice versa)

Honestly the driver was not up to par Sunday. I did well enough, honestly I am happy enough for my first time out there on bad AutoX tires. I definitely need a race seat, my neck was cramping from my head hitting the roof. The current rake of the car did help on power steering actually, but as you can see in the photos, it does look a little extreme.

Oh also, the car ran just fine without a fan installed. I did however again get lifter noise due to the sump design. I need either a crank scraper, oil baffle, or maybe the other solution which I believe is a oil reservoir backup? Accusump is it? BMW's solution is to rev the engine at 2-3k for 15min to re-pressure/fill the hydraulic lifters. Wanted to, but then in line I look like a fool.
                            Last edited by R3Z3N; 03-14-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

One can barely see where I tipped the cone, first turn. I did that just about every run I believe. Not bad for first time out IMO, had I not hit the cone, I would have been 6th the day. But I digress, I made a mistake, the car was good enough, the driver lacked the necessary spatial awareness ;-)

Here is Jim Bob's E36 M3 Technoviolet vid:

There are actually quite a handfull of vids from the day on youtube. Pretty awesome IMO.
                              Last edited by R3Z3N; 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

A bunch of friends and myself will be going to Formula D in Long Beach on the 7th.

I dont know if anyone is down to roll with us down there but if there are enough people that wanna go with us, maybe we can push the meet back to the next weekend. If not, then we wont be able to make it to the meet.

Taylor
                                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X