This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    Hi guys. Will get into details later but my beloved '91 318i with so many cherished memories was destroyed this week while saving my life.

Please let me know if any of you guys happen upon a clean 1991 318i in Diamantschwarz.

I think I've seen two now, one in Santa Rosa (with vague ad), and one in Chula Vista/San Diego (also relatively vague ad).

Many thanks,
    Sina
    Damn man...that was one of the oldest cars I can remember on the forums. Up there with Eric's white cab. Sad to see it go and hope you're alright.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Thank you everyone. I have been receiving condolences trickling in all around. While the last week has been pretty rough for me emotionally, I can thankfully say that I am alive, and starting to recover. Nothing hurts more than being rear ended at high speed and being flung into another car at a stand still.

While I am still struggling to cope, so so thankful to have met so many great people (you all) through this car. The e30 / old Bimmer scene really is a beautiful thing that has done wonders for me. Hell, I even owe my career in the financial industry to a friendship that was forged through the E30 scene.

While my car was destroyed, I intend on getting it back from insurance and keeping the many good parts on it, and transferring into my next one - which will be its spiritual successor. 6 years with this car will look minute compared to the hopeful decades with the next. And I hope you ALL will be a part of that new car's story.

For now, focusing on a full physical recovery / PT; seeing through the situation with insurance and getting the car back; finding its spritual successor, and getting ready for my trip at the end of this month.

I will be going to Munich, Austria, Swiss alps, Italian alps, Düsseldorf and hopefully picking up some goodies for part two. Visiting some elderly relatives there but also plan on visiting BMW Welt/museum, and paying homage by visiting the Regensburg Factory.

Thank you again everyone, 10000 times.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

will you not move to a 2dr? there are a few nice ones listed.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Damn sorry to here about both of you situations Carson and Sina, major bummer but happy yall are okay.

and Sina

Does it have to be 1)91 2)318i 3)DS 4)4dr? lol Or will an a clean e30 suffice?
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Thank you everyone. I have been receiving condolences trickling in all around. While the last week has been pretty rough for me emotionally, I can thankfully say that I am alive, and starting to recover. Nothing hurts more than being rear ended at high speed and being flung into another car at a stand still.

While I am still struggling to cope, so so thankful to have met so many great people (you all) through this car. The e30 / old Bimmer scene really is a beautiful thing that has done wonders for me. Hell, I even owe my career in the financial industry to a friendship that was forged through the E30 scene.

While my car was destroyed, I intend on getting it back from insurance and keeping the many good parts on it, and transferring into my next one - which will be its spiritual successor. 6 years with this car will look minute compared to the hopeful decades with the next. And I hope you ALL will be a part of that new car's story.

For now, focusing on a full physical recovery / PT; seeing through the situation with insurance and getting the car back; finding its spritual successor, and getting ready for my trip at the end of this month.

I will be going to Munich, Austria, Swiss alps, Italian alps, Düsseldorf and hopefully picking up some goodies for part two. Visiting some elderly relatives there but also plan on visiting BMW Welt/museum, and paying homage by visiting the Regensburg Factory.

Thank you again everyone, 10000 times.
            That's the worst way to see it go. Hope your neck is okay/makes a full recovery. Always sucks when 6 years of love is shattered by some other idiot...

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

That's the worst Sina! Good luck with your recovery and search for a new car.
              Last edited by jpod999; 09-12-2016, 02:13 PM. Reason: Spelling like a fool...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Glad to hear you are okay man.

I know that car was important to you but you will move forward and love again.

Holler if you need anything.

<3 Pantless

Comment

Thank you guys, much love.

Josh - yes :-) I want to make a "part two" to my E30 story. Maybe even keep going in the same build thread.

Lil baby vivi - that's what i thought at first, but wouldn't you think it being stolen and never found again would be worse?
                  The way i think of it, it at least saved my life and made me a BMW lifer.

Pantless - thx baby. I remember one of my very first car meets. You were there shreddin gnar on your skateboard in Livermore or something at night.

Eric - vive la 4 door baby :-) the new one will be in a contest to be as clean as yours

JP - thanks man. hopefully we can wrench up in the bay sometime.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Oh true, I mostly meant losing a car because of someone else's actions. Try to find one without a peeling fender this time ;)

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Hi guys. Will get into details later but my beloved '91 318i with so many cherished memories was destroyed this week while saving my life.

Please let me know if any of you guys happen upon a clean 1991 318i in Diamantschwarz.

I think I've seen two now, one in Santa Rosa (with vague ad), and one in Chula Vista/San Diego (also relatively vague ad).

Many thanks,
                      Sina

Doesn't look too bad...you could swap your M42 into it and sell the 24v setup to recoup some of that purchase cost.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

salvage title, typical riceboi mods... I'd pass.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Who wants this guy?

Comment

if my recent experience is any indication... fucking nobody
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                              if my recent experience is any indication... fucking nobody
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                                Who wants this guy?
                                Can I buy the lip off you?

Feedback!
                                Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                                Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Working...
                                X