This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oliver.r
    was it for sale? i think i saw it on CL with a video of it doing a sweet burnout
    Not that I know of, but if it was a black on in Redondo Beach area or maybe Culver City, then yea thats his
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K78JMKVYvOA
      fucking brutal

Comment

Perhaps I'm late to the party, but what on earth happened to this car?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/5786312544.html

Comment

it's owned by a disappointing person
          cars beep boop

Comment

Cars that are built as middle fingers to everyone make me smile. And then cry.
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

i built as car as middle figure to my checking account. i cry every night.
              jk i off-roaded the shit outa my beater this weekend. the oil pan survived some how
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

My car is a middle finger to my wallet. And it doesn't even run. Looking at a family friend's 635csi though as a daily driver. I figured having two old cars is basically the equivalent of having one new one. If one goes down for maintenance, I'll still have the second to drive. However if they both go down at the same time, you better bet I'll be sad as hell...

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

It never works out that way. Trust me

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Hey All, Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been living in the San Francisco for about 8 years now (Except for a one year stint in Idaho) and grew up in Marin. Anybody going to the track masters event this coming Monday at Sonoma? Did my first track day with the E30 last Sunday and it was a blast. Looking forward to getting to know some people in the E30 community here.

Last edited by Mr.SpeedOrr; 09-18-2016, 08:30 PM.
                    For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SpeedOrr View Post
                      Hey All, Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been living in the San Francisco for about 8 years now (Except for a one year stint in Idaho) and grew up in Marin. Anybody going to the track masters event this coming Monday at Sonoma? Did my first track day with the E30 last Sunday and it was a blast. Looking forward to getting to know some people in the E30 community here.

If you see an Asian dude in a gray F430 driving impressively slow and cutting people off after he points them by, make sure you tell him Carson says hi.
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                        If you see an Asian dude in a gray F430 driving impressively slow and cutting people off after he points them by, make sure you tell him Carson says hi.

Will do. When lurking this general chat I read up about your mishap. Pretty messed up. I'll practice my PIT maneuver in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SpeedOrr View Post
                          Will do. When lurking this general chat I read up about your mishap. Pretty messed up. I'll practice my PIT maneuver in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Please and thank you
                          Sorta related, I'll be running at laguna on the 26th, if anyone else will be here for that too!
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Hey guys & gals,

It's been a pretty rough week and half for me after the hit/loss of my beloved E30 of 6 years, but after yesterday morning, it seems that for every bad story, there's a good one right around the corner.

Last Thursday night, as I simultaneously 'refreshed' the Safari page on an open page of my iPhone on SF Bay Area Craigslist, another R3V member (Marvin) also saw that another Diamantschwarz 1991 318i (seemingly like mine) had just been listed. I immediately called/texted/emailed the owner. A couple hours later, he gave me a call back, we chopped it up, and set a plan for me to come and check it out on Saturday morning. But of course, there was a no way my concussed and dazed ass was going to be able to get up to Marin County in time from Los Angeles.

The same night, I called up the first two buddies in SF that I knew were nearby and might be able to help me out. Anthony (datlugo) and another high school buddy of mine who's into Audi's promptly volunteered to go and check it out for me. So plans were made, many phone calls were made, and money was sent.

Saturday morning, Anthony and Jake drove up to Marin, inspected, drove, and negotiated on my behalf. The result? This. Another Diamantschwarz/Natur 1991 318i with a literally identical build sheet. What's even crazier is that it was also bought new at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA and the first owner ALSO lived in my small and random hometown of Alameda, CA. What are the odds.

It will need a deep clean, some bodywork & pieces, a proper paint job, and a full transplant of my interior/brakes/wheels/suspension/etc but I'm still in shocked at what I (once again) have before me.

Summary: I was devastated when my E30 of 6 years was destroyed by some other peoples' carelessness last week. But what truly learned from the my loss was that the car would have meant nothing to me if it wasn't for all of the great friends that I made through it. It was a few of those same friends were the same ones who helped me get this new shell so that it's spirit could live on.

So cheers to the simply awesome community that exists because of these cars. I've still got myself a big ass project on my hands, and will probably be an annoying argument with insurance to get the true value of my old car, but hey, I'm alive, and this new shell is going to build into something even greater than the last.

-Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

wife oked me getting a 4C after school, she saw one at cars and coffee and loved it. o.O
                              13 more weeks until i graduate woohoo
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Looking for a late model 325i gauge cluster. If anyone has one they don't need please let me know and I can give you money for it. Thanks!
                                2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                                1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                                1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Working...
                                X