X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Hey guis,

Has anyone up north gotten popped for noise pollution yet? I'm afraid to drive my car anywhere and don't feel like giving the man my hard earned $1k for a BS ticket.
    Unless they have actual noise analysis gear with them, it's all subjective. This puts you at an automatic disadvantage as you will be issued a ticket and then have to appear and have to prove your car is under 95db. Ok, is that under 95db at idle? 95db at 2500rpm? 3000rpm? It's bullshit! ... Moreover, the noise ordance can be used as an excuse to pull you over and toss your car, run your reg, run your license, run your citizenship, etc.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      Is your car over 95db?
      Most likely
      Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      My neighbor has a 1JZ-GTE swapped into his Cressida with only a downpipe for the compressor exit and WG. (He's saving up for a quality custom exhaust) Its loud as fuck when he gets on it and he's scared to drive it, but so far no ticket. Then again, Oakland police have other things to do and CHP is non-existent.
      I too, am afraid to drive my car out, it's not very loud, but the chances of getting pulled over are higher when you have a lowered car.
      Originally posted by Sean S. View Post
      Unless they have actual noise analysis gear with them, it's all subjective. This puts you at an automatic disadvantage as you will be issued a ticket and then have to appear and have to prove your car is under 95db. Ok, is that under 95db at idle? 95db at 2500rpm? 3000rpm? It's bullshit! ... Moreover, the noise ordance can be used as an excuse to pull you over and toss your car, run your reg, run your license, run your citizenship, etc.
      And that's the shitty part, I hope this blows over in a few months. We can't have nice things due to all the lame sideshows.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I’m about to get a Stromung for my 318 and share the same concern. I’ve had a magnaflow on with a stock resonator for 7+ years but afraid this stainless catback might grab attention if pulled over.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

95db is pretty loud. I'm not concerned and I have long tubes, cats, stromung.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Download a free app, there are plenty. They aren’t perfect, but they’ll give you and idea. 18” away at idle, and at like 3000rpm or something like that.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              Download a free app, there are plenty. They aren’t perfect, but they’ll give you and idea. 18” away at idle, and at like 3000rpm or something like that.
              Well I got a 3 inch resonator and muffler, out of an s50 swap e30. Running a 3.64lsd makes it difficult to not hear the car when I'm shifting up to 4k, it's hella fun on the streets but not so much now with the new laws.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

made some progress on the front end!

sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Anyone have a rec for an upholstry shop ? I’m looking for someone to recover the headliner in my e34. I’ve got everything removed from the car and am still getting quoted 450 to recover everything.

Comment

Mario's upholstery in Alameda. Bay Area legend. Good friends with my dad, we've been going to him for 20+ years.

Also @ Jerry - that is awesome.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by mc625569 View Post
                      Anyone have a rec for an upholstry shop ? I’m looking for someone to recover the headliner in my e34. I’ve got everything removed from the car and am still getting quoted 450 to recover everything.
                      maybe try doing it yourself? It's not bad, materials run about $75
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by mc625569 View Post
                        If you're up for removing the headliner from the car, I've had Mr. Stitch in San Mateo do the headliner on my E36 as well as my dad's E36. It was about 100 bucks a few years ago for him to reupholster it and maybe a couple hours for me to reinstall.

Comment

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I'll make some phone calls next week.

First quote I got from a different recommended place was 450-600 , which sounded about double what I've got budgeted. Hoping to be under 300.

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                          If you're up for removing the headliner from the car, I've had Mr. Stitch in San Mateo do the headliner on my E36 as well as my dad's E36. It was about 100 bucks a few years ago for him to reupholster it and maybe a couple hours for me to reinstall.

Comment

Been Awhile, I just got a z3 \, rats have chewed through wires under the fuel rail cover of the m52tub25 car RUNS! Have fault code for the drive by wire throttle body.
                            Need help IDing the wires, luckily they are on the sensor side so shouldnt be tto bad though I dont know whats sensor it is..

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

The last phot is a detail of the #3 wire listed above.

#1 looks like it was damaged in the sensor side so that’s an easy fix I juts need to know what sensor it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IIRC, and it's been a minute since I've worked on a new engine, those two round 4-wire plugs above the fuel injector harness are your O2 sensors. So numbers 1 & 2 go together. Number 3 is a vacuum line (for the fuel pressure regulator?).

Good luck, and fuck rats!
                                sigpic
                                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                                X