Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys - is there supposed to be a “slit” at the bottom of the driver side trunk compartment (below where spare tire jack goes)??

We just finished replacing EVERY seal in my trunk and it apparently still got wet, on the left side (mainly in said compartment).

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Anyone have a spare upper plastic timing cover where the cap/rotor go? The round one under the rotor.

Also, anyone know if there any seat shocks replacement options besides buying new for $25-30 each??

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
        Also, anyone know if there any seat shocks replacement options besides buying new for $25-30 each??
        There's a dude here that sells aftermarket sets.

sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Thanks, I knew there was someone but when I was searching it kept coming up with a different guy.

Comment

Rechrome Plating Shops in Bay Area?

Does anyone have any recommendations for chrome plating shops around San Jose or a little further?

Looking to get my lips and hardware refinished. The previous owner of the wheels was lazy and didn't want to split the wheels when respraying the faces so there is odd looking strip of spray paint around the bolts.
            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have a Schwarz rear late model bumper for sale? Friend is looking for one
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Anyone have a Schwarz rear late model bumper for sale? Friend is looking for one
                Just sold mine smh.

Comment

Still looking for the sheetmetal driver side rear corner for 87 prefacelift. Just the area where the taillight goes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    Just sold mine smh.
                    I know... trust me I know...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ok, audio question:

I'm not an audiophile, but I do know that my speakers are shot. I have the standard 4-speaker setup and would enjoy hearing sound from my front speakers and not hearing pops and static from my ripped rear speakers.

I don't want to do the research of finding the best plug-and-play speakers for my car, I'm just listening to old cassettes and NPR. With StereoInstaller gone, who could I PM about quality bang-for-buck middle-of-the-road replacements?
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                        Ok, audio question:

I'm not an audiophile, but I do know that my speakers are shot. I have the standard 4-speaker setup and would enjoy hearing sound from my front speakers and not hearing pops and static from my ripped rear speakers.

I don't want to do the research of finding the best plug-and-play speakers for my car, I'm just listening to old cassettes and NPR. With StereoInstaller gone, who could I PM about quality bang-for-buck middle-of-the-road replacements?
                        How much are you looking to spend? You can replace the speakers alone with ones of the same size and they will be plug and play. I spent some $ on my speakers, but I'd bet you could get all new speakers for under $200 pretty easily. I think they are round 5.25" speakers.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Ok, audio question:

for that purpose? whatever's cheapest on Crutchfield will likely still be better than OEM, and they have a car configurator so you don't need to worry about "what diameter/depth/etc".
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            for that purpose? whatever's cheapest on Crutchfield will likely still be better than OEM, and they have a car configurator so you don't need to worry about "what diameter/depth/etc".
                            Well, I took your advice. Bought some "Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 Prime" speakers off Amazon, at less than $40 a pair, what can go wrong?
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I took your advice. Bought some "Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 Prime" speakers off Amazon, at less than $40 a pair, what can go wrong?
                              you'll be just fine with those. even as a musician/audiophile, i think trying to build a studio-quality system into a car is a silly idea. even if you're running a stock-or-quiet exhaust, that noise, road noise, and the ambient sounds around you make chasing down those last few nths of realistic reproduction a fool's errand at the bottom of a money pit.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

yeah, an E30 is far from an ideal music-reproduction environment

all you really need to be able to do is recognize that it's Hotline Bling being blasted out of them on repeat and not something else
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X