X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    i'm doing one tomorrow

you'll need a trailer and the title, and time to take it to Simms Metal Management, where they will pick it up with a great big claw hook thing and toss it onto a big metal pile

it's pretty sweet and they even pay you for the scrap weight (not a lot)

couple things to note
    - you *need* to bring a signed title or a junk slip
    - bring a hard hat
    - no gas in the car. ideally, remove the gas tank. otherwise, drain it
    How much did they end up paying you? I've gotten rid of Probe shells now for 0$ from pick-n-pull.
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
      Did it roll? how many wheels did you have on it?
      Last car I did had no tires or suspension on it. They'll take it, but be prepared for it to scratch up your driveway, unless you take preventative measures.
      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
        Last car I did had no tires or suspension on it. They'll take it, but be prepared for it to scratch up your driveway, unless you take preventative measures.
        so PNP will come and take shells for free? When I checked online, they wanted money to take it. It's at my friend's shop right now. thanks ofr the head's up.

Comment

I always thought pick n pull paid you? It's still worth scrap atleast right?
          Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

You'd think so, but they offered me -80. I guess if the car is too far stripped it's not worth it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
              How much did they end up paying you? I've gotten rid of Probe shells now for 0$ from pick-n-pull.
              $27.50 lol
              cars beep boop

Comment

I had to pay a retired tow truck driver $20 + pink slip to haul off and scrap my old shell.

5 years ago however, I sold a mostly gutted Peugeot parts car to PNP for $200.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                  so PNP will come and take shells for free? When I checked online, they wanted money to take it. It's at my friend's shop right now. thanks ofr the head's up.
                  So I've had 2 shells towed in the last ~year. The first shell I filled out all the questions (does it have a motor, does it have a trans) honestly and had to pay $20 to get it picked up.

When the tow truck driver got there he scolded me for paying the $20 and said he'd picked up cars in WAY worse shape that hadn't paid anything. Took his advice on the 2nd car and claimed that the car had a transmission and tires (even though it didnt) to make the number come out to $0. They picked up the car, never checked, and never said a word about it.

The issue is the price of steel has dropped... you used to get at least a couple hundred bucks for a shell.

Comment

Who's selling all this stuff? I'm lightweight interested in the wheels.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

that's Rev Run D ^^
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Good looking out, thanks!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Yep that’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Ended up getting a used fpr locally and it helped isolate my issues, got a misfire on cyl 3 I believe. With that moving forward I need one last thing to put the car on the ground. I’m looking around and am pretty sold on gettin some treehouse/eyeball style ones, but before I get those I was curious if anyone has experience with adjustable CABs?? Looking at the AKG or Garagistic ones

E30/E36 ADJUSTABLE FCAB MOUNT Introducing the Garagistic E30 and E36 Adjustable Front Control Arm Mount. Would you like the ultimate in alignment precision and no play? Then this is the front control arm mount for you. Made from billet aluminum and a high strength rod end this mount is guaranteed to hold your front

The car will be running coilovers and driven mostly for spirited weekend drives, not going to daily it maybe eventually look into some autox. Has 350lb front springs. Everything else is new stock/oem rubber - sway bar bushings and top hats, motor mounts, trans, rear shock mounts and bushings etc. Will eventually do adjustable rear subframe so I was thinking the adjustability might be nice up front, and I can’t find any reviews on these things.
                            Last edited by mbonanni; 06-28-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Just run the condor eyeball arms. I have some treehouse ones and they're fine on the road.

Condor > Garagistic.

Comment

I've got a set of Bimmerworld CABs for sale... same idea as the treehouse/condor/garagistic.

Brand new with an extra set of delrin inserts. Let me know if youre interested!

Comment

Working...
                                X