X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
    Is there a boycott in this thread that I am not aware of?
    max of 1 post per month.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer007
    replied
    Is there a boycott in this thread that I am not aware of?

Leave a comment:

• Pantless Spency
    replied
    I too am on the lookout for a clean zinnoberot coupe, eta to be exact. perferably1986, if you guys see anything please share it with me or in here! cheers from the desert. :P

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Are you going to stuff a replacement stock m20 in your sedan?
    ya. Put it back to stock and then sell it. The only issue I'm having right now is that I have a glass moonroof and do not have a paint matched metal sunroof to replace it with.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    Hey all,
    If anyone happens to see a 1989 325i/is for sale in red brilliant or zinno or a mtech2 in red for sale over the next few months, please let me know. Im not interested in swapped cars unless it is clean and able to be converted back to an m20.
    I am planning on re-shelling my e30 as I really hate 4drs.
    I would also be interested in buying a full coupe mtech2 kit if I cant get a
    Are you going to stuff a replacement stock m20 in your sedan?

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    Hey all,
    If anyone happens to see a 1989 325i/is for sale in red brilliant or zinno or a mtech2 in red for sale over the next few months, please let me know. Im not interested in swapped cars unless it is clean and able to be converted back to an m20.
    I am planning on re-shelling my e30 as I really hate 4drs.
    I would also be interested in buying a full coupe mtech2 kit if I cant get a

Leave a comment:

• Cakey
    replied
    Should there be any play with rear bearings when the axle nut isnt on?

Have 318ti rear trailing arms that i pressed new bearings in but the hub moves side to side a decent amount to be worried.
    Not sure if i messed up pressing them in or if they need some kind of preload on them.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    ouch.

need 24v swap parts (lol) if anyones got anything burning a hole in their...garage

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    oof that's fucked

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Finally found out what was causing my bottom end noise!

https://i.imgur.com/nfFS0To.gifv

#4 Connecting Rod Bearing on Crank:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nyLgwRth.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	9898725

#6 Connecting Rod Bearing:

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Does anyone have access to an alignment machine where I could get a few measurements? I've installed rear toe and camber adjusters, but at the max toe-out adjustment I still have an obscene amount of tow-in. I tried measuring it using jack stands, string, and a laser measure, but my calculation ends up with only 0.5 deg toe-in. Based on the picture below (and Inventor), I'm guessing that I have roughly 1.76 deg of toe-in.

I'd like to measure it as it is, then adjust to full toe-in. This should give me my full range of motion, allowing me to calculate where the adjusters should be welded.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MAiS1Rqh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	9895429

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Hey folks, cross-posting this here since I know there are several folks who only subscribe to this thread and not the whole subforum.

​​

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...ca-12-13-12-15

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post
    Hi Nor-Cal,

Looking for a shop recommendation. I've been recommended JMP in the Burbank/LA area but if I can get it in a shop before it really starts to rain that would be awesome.

They will need to be able to diagnose something simple...here's my 4 month thread on it:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...nti-lock-light

Whatever the problem is it is physical and I want to know what it is before I throw a turbo into the equation. Will be switching to big brakes soon but am obsessed with getting the ABS working/figuring out wtf is wrong with it as I know it isn't an electrical issue.

While they are at it I will have them install my kevlar clutch, throwout bearing, shave the flywheel a little, and I'm sure they will have a sniffer to tune my afr because I'm curious to see how far I am off before I switch to MS2. I've got everything prepped for all the diagnostics and the work as well as all the parts and spare parts necessary for testing.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
    or perhaps some skilled locals can help with at least the ABS issue?

Leave a comment:

• E30Bastard
    replied
    Hi Nor-Cal,

Looking for a shop recommendation. I've been recommended JMP in the Burbank/LA area but if I can get it in a shop before it really starts to rain that would be awesome.

They will need to be able to diagnose something simple...here's my 4 month thread on it:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...nti-lock-light

Whatever the problem is it is physical and I want to know what it is before I throw a turbo into the equation. Will be switching to big brakes soon but am obsessed with getting the ABS working/figuring out wtf is wrong with it as I know it isn't an electrical issue.

While they are at it I will have them install my kevlar clutch, throwout bearing, shave the flywheel a little, and I'm sure they will have a sniffer to tune my afr because I'm curious to see how far I am off before I switch to MS2. I've got everything prepped for all the diagnostics and the work as well as all the parts and spare parts necessary for testing.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Leave a comment:

• bradmer
    replied
    Anyone plan on driving HPDE at Laguna Seca this coming Saturday the 30th?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X