Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Midtown Crossing Meet* (last Friday of every other month)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djmossm42
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    At the Dell Amo mall, the security cars run around like crazy, and Torrance cops are pretty shitty, but those lots on the south end are pretty damn big and empty. I would totally suggest starting out small to test the location, as would be the case with any place, but I favor this idea mostly because it's not an hour's drive for me :D The downside is no food venues nearby. Guys can't just walk to the nearest joint for a snack.
    Yeah there are but our crowd doesn't act up like some others so I doubt it would be a problem unless we make it one. There is a Chick-fil-A accross the street but other than that you would have to grab food on they way in and there are plenty of options in that case.

LED Bulbs, Power Window Switches, & Apparel

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Would you guys mind taking over L.A.?
    I've been the biggest advocate of this meet, but because of the amount of doucheaggery, I had decided to let it die. Seeing as there is still O.Gs attempting to keep it alive, we can move it completely and finally represent in L.A.
    It's just a thought, cause I'd still need to find a place to house at least 70 cars at 1 time. I know the valley guys are going to whine, but in all honesty, I've made the drive and so have others from further away places into the SF valley, for a very long time (10+ years) without complaints. It is once a month, so I don't see an issue to drive your e30s, that's what they are for, right?

Just throwing ideas, so don't shoot me.
    +1 for LA

Leave a comment:

• DIIRTY-30
    replied
    Drove by last month taking my girl home since its on the way; only saw hondas. Wasn't sure if this shit got cancelled/moved or not. Miss rolling to this but after reading a few pages back seems it isn't what it used to be.

I remember 6 or 7 years ago when I first went, walking up and down looking at peoples cars like "oh shit he has that? or damn thats a cool idea". Shame what it seems its turned into really... hopefully the next spot will be a bit better...

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    At the Dell Amo mall, the security cars run around like crazy, and Torrance cops are pretty shitty, but those lots on the south end are pretty damn big and empty. I would totally suggest starting out small to test the location, as would be the case with any place, but I favor this idea mostly because it's not an hour's drive for me :D The downside is no food venues nearby. Guys can't just walk to the nearest joint for a snack.

Leave a comment:

• djmossm42
    replied
    I've been the biggest advocate of this meet, but because of the amount of doucheaggery, I had decided to let it die. Seeing as there is still O.Gs attempting to keep it alive, we can move it completely and finally represent in L.A.
    It's just a thought, cause I'd still need to find a place to house at least 70 cars at 1 time. I know the valley guys are going to whine, but in all honesty, I've made the drive and so have others from further away places into the SF valley, for a very long time (10+ years) without complaints. It is once a month, so I don't see an issue to drive your e30s, that's what they are for, right?

I don't attend this meet very often, mainly because of my work schedule but here are a few suggestions.

What about Mid City/West LA/Culver City area?

Maybe we can strike a deal with a cool food spot to get exclusive parking privileges since parking is more limited in the these areas? If we bring that many people that's good for their business and they'd probably give us a discount.

I'm not just mentioning this because I live next to it lol. But the old part of Del Amo Mall has plenty of parking (Hawthorne/Sepulveda) and most of the businesses are closed on that end to make way for a new Dave &Buster's and other renovations. It would be central for OC and Valley and it's near the 405 and 91 and 110 freeways. It about an hour or less for everyone, even from parts of the IE.

Just some ideas
    B

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mfever
    replied
    Haven't been to one of these in ages! Im in for a new place if the old one is burned out!

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Same here, not really much going on in terms of meets down here in socal in the LA/OC area

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    We definitely need something new. I'd be happy to help if possible.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Yeah I think the spot is burnt now thanks to the idiots. If we must, we can change the location or the date again. I heard it was pretty bad last time. I know there are a couple of euro meets in the SFV and SGV so that's another possibility. I'm sure they wouldn't mind more E30's showing up. We aren't the ones causing problems.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    What happened?

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Well, looks like the van Nuys meet finally met it's demise....:(

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Most valley cats are lazy and won't drive out.
    That should eliminate many of the DB E30 kids though right?? :rofl:

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Where was this happening?

this one was super chill, especially in the summer time

Leave a comment:

• whitebulat22
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    Total shit show. I won't be back.
    Agreed lol I didn't even go last night but it was the exact same outcome when I went in last year (August maybe?). They've been doing that for a while on the last Friday, same cruisers and helicopters when I went and you could tell they were already used to it because they let the Honda / Mustang kids taunt them for an hour before locking down.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    No more than 10, if that. That's not including the vert with a massive spoiler with a TUNA NO CRUST decal on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X