Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Midtown Crossing Meet* (last Friday of every other month)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been to one of these in ages! Im in for a new place if the old one is burned out!

Comment

Would you guys mind taking over L.A.?
      I've been the biggest advocate of this meet, but because of the amount of doucheaggery, I had decided to let it die. Seeing as there is still O.Gs attempting to keep it alive, we can move it completely and finally represent in L.A.
      It's just a thought, cause I'd still need to find a place to house at least 70 cars at 1 time. I know the valley guys are going to whine, but in all honesty, I've made the drive and so have others from further away places into the SF valley, for a very long time (10+ years) without complaints. It is once a month, so I don't see an issue to drive your e30s, that's what they are for, right?

Just throwing ideas, so don't shoot me.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
        I've been the biggest advocate of this meet, but because of the amount of doucheaggery, I had decided to let it die. Seeing as there is still O.Gs attempting to keep it alive, we can move it completely and finally represent in L.A.
        It's just a thought, cause I'd still need to find a place to house at least 70 cars at 1 time. I know the valley guys are going to whine, but in all honesty, I've made the drive and so have others from further away places into the SF valley, for a very long time (10+ years) without complaints. It is once a month, so I don't see an issue to drive your e30s, that's what they are for, right?

I don't attend this meet very often, mainly because of my work schedule but here are a few suggestions.

What about Mid City/West LA/Culver City area?

Maybe we can strike a deal with a cool food spot to get exclusive parking privileges since parking is more limited in the these areas? If we bring that many people that's good for their business and they'd probably give us a discount.

I'm not just mentioning this because I live next to it lol. But the old part of Del Amo Mall has plenty of parking (Hawthorne/Sepulveda) and most of the businesses are closed on that end to make way for a new Dave &Buster's and other renovations. It would be central for OC and Valley and it's near the 405 and 91 and 110 freeways. It about an hour or less for everyone, even from parts of the IE.

Just some ideas
        B
        Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
        LED Bulb Thread
        R6 LED Review

Comment

At the Dell Amo mall, the security cars run around like crazy, and Torrance cops are pretty shitty, but those lots on the south end are pretty damn big and empty. I would totally suggest starting out small to test the location, as would be the case with any place, but I favor this idea mostly because it's not an hour's drive for me :D The downside is no food venues nearby. Guys can't just walk to the nearest joint for a snack.

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Drove by last month taking my girl home since its on the way; only saw hondas. Wasn't sure if this shit got cancelled/moved or not. Miss rolling to this but after reading a few pages back seems it isn't what it used to be.

I remember 6 or 7 years ago when I first went, walking up and down looking at peoples cars like "oh shit he has that? or damn thats a cool idea". Shame what it seems its turned into really... hopefully the next spot will be a bit better...

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post

+1 for LA
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                At the Dell Amo mall, the security cars run around like crazy, and Torrance cops are pretty shitty, but those lots on the south end are pretty damn big and empty. I would totally suggest starting out small to test the location, as would be the case with any place, but I favor this idea mostly because it's not an hour's drive for me :D The downside is no food venues nearby. Guys can't just walk to the nearest joint for a snack.
                Yeah there are but our crowd doesn't act up like some others so I doubt it would be a problem unless we make it one. There is a Chick-fil-A accross the street but other than that you would have to grab food on they way in and there are plenty of options in that case.

LED Bulbs, Power Window Switches, & Apparel

Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

I think moving it to South LA is a good idea. We need to avoid west LA and downtown completely due to traffic and try to keep it close to the freeways. There have been some large meets in Inglewood - Home Depot on Century, Farmers Boys right off 110 and Redondo Beach Blvd and there's a place off the 105 in Hawthorne by Wendy's/Starbucks. Long Beach off the 405 Atlantic exit, there's a spot by the Home Depot with Starbucks/InNOut there as well. I think it's a great location and we wouldn't have any problems. Long Beach is more central too so the OC/IE people can also make it. Anything off the 710/105 would be cool too as that's right in the middle. I know they've had the Bob's big boy meet in Downey for a while.
                  Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-24-2017, 11:57 AM.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

We should prospect some spots tonight and get the ball rolling on this.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      We should prospect some spots tonight and get the ball rolling on this.
                      Where about in L.A. do you stay? I'm right smack in the middle. Mid city to be exact, it's a love hate relationship with L.A., but I can't leave.

Comment

I'm in long beach, but this meet will be the closest one to me, so I'm down to help orchestrate this.

Comment

LA meet!

Let's do this! Tonite!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I'm in long beach, but this meet will be the closest one to me, so I'm down to help orchestrate this.
                            Niiice
                            Originally posted by [oo=[][]=oo] View Post
                            Let's do this! Tonite!
                            I'm already in bed.

Comment

It would be helpful to get an idea of where most attendees are coming from.

1.TonyWonder - Burbank/Hollywood area.

Comment

There's a really good lot by a Home Depot here in cypress, but that's probably too far for everyone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X