looking for help in SLO

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jflip2002
    replied
    They have had several here in town. Its on South street.

    Leave a comment:


  • elemenohpee
    replied
    I think I may know the Adrick you are talking about. Is his last name Zayha? I am not sure what you are talking about with the 4 though. I thought they only had two locations, but I have never gone to Villa before so I'm kinda confused.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Villa 4, not 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • elemenohpee
    replied
    Originally posted by jflip2002
    Talk to Adrick at Vill IV.
    Do you mean Villa? I already talked to them and their driveline guy wasn't there but I think I am going to drop it off there today to have it looked at/worked on tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    BTW, if anyone knows of a TI for trade, Im itching to get back into one. I miss my old one.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Talk to Adrick at Vill IV. Hes the driveline guy, hes a real good guy. He would probably do it on the side for you, I would imagine. Im not sure if he has and experience with E30 drivelines, but I dont see how that'd matter.

    Leave a comment:


  • elemenohpee
    replied
    I was going to hopefully install everything this week but I have had some driveline headaches so I am trying to get those sorted out first. I installed a new guibo and csb and now my driveshaft is vibrating. I think I may just take it to a shop to get it sorted out because I think it needs to be balanced and I don't feel like messing with it anymore. DO you guys know of any good shops to take it to to have this done?

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    Rob put in both my control arms and new cabs. Id recommend doing these with your springs just because it saves alot of time and $$. haha. But yeah, try to put in most of the suspension parts together. It will make things alot easier. Cant wait to see your new setup. Now we'll be twinz. haha

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Im on the parts counter, but Im over on the Nissan side now. You just gotta PM me ahead of time what you need, and your last 7 of the vin, and I can get you a price quote

    Leave a comment:


  • elemenohpee
    replied
    I ordered vogtland springs. They are supposed lower the car around 1.5" all around.

    Originally posted by jflip2002
    I can get you 20% off list price on OEM BMW parts.
    Thanks for the offer! Do you work at the parts counter? I was just in there Wednesday buying a guibo and I ordered a csb that should arrive tomorrow. I may have spoken to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    What lowering kit did you get? I have the lowtec 60/50 (I think 50 in the rear), and we didnt need compressors to do the job. We just unbolted, lifted, and the strut assy pulled right now. The rears took a little jerking on though. I can get you 20% off list price on OEM BMW parts.
    Last edited by jflip2002; 05-15-2008, 02:53 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • CntrlcoastE30's
    replied
    Originally posted by elemenohpee
    Yeah I got some soring compressors to use. I was planning on replacing the strut mounts and rear shock mounts. So are the m3 strut mounts the ones to get? Whats the difference? I was going to go with cabrio rear shock mounts and just regular front strut mounts but if you can persuade me otherwise. I don't have the money right now to do new control arms but I am planning on doing the CAB's and I will be aligning it afterwards.
    Ok good on the spring compressors. I have used the M3 strut mounts for 10 years. This is the factory upgrade when lowering and for better cornering. I use a set of rear urethane shock mounts for the rears, these run about $50 for the pair. These are the recommended upgrade when using Bilstein's in the rear vs. the cabrio rear mounts.

    We also have refurbished control arms (these have new ball joints) and are either powder coated or repainted. I will put an ad up later in the Parts For Sale section to illustrate those parts available. We will have additional M3 cabs ready to go the first of the week. Those are $85 for the pair.

    Leave a comment:


  • elemenohpee
    replied
    Yeah I got some soring compressors to use. I was planning on replacing the strut mounts and rear shock mounts. So are the m3 strut mounts the ones to get? Whats the difference? I was going to go with cabrio rear shock mounts and just regular front strut mounts but if you can persuade me otherwise. I don't have the money right now to do new control arms but I am planning on doing the CAB's and I will be aligning it afterwards.

    Leave a comment:


  • CntrlcoastE30's
    replied
    Originally posted by elemenohpee
    My springs and shocks just came and I was wondering if anyone would like to help me install them. I mainly just need a place to work because the driveway at my house pretty slanted and I don't feel to safe jacking it up their, but some extra hand would really help too. If anyone from San Luis Obispo would like to help, great. Let me know.
    A spring compressor will be needed to safely remove the stock springs from the strut assemblies. It is also the time to upgrade to the M3 negative camber strut bearings, replace your control arms and CAB's with the M3 parts, the sway bar end links and get the front end aligned.

    I have done these replacments for both Adam and Ian and they are stoked. Our cruise last weekend was fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • elemenohpee
    started a topic looking for help in SLO

    looking for help in SLO

    My springs and shocks just came and I was wondering if anyone would like to help me install them. I mainly just need a place to work because the driveway at my house pretty slanted and I don't feel to safe jacking it up their, but some extra hand would really help too. If anyone from San Luis Obispo would like to help, great. Let me know.
Working...