Newb from windsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb from windsor

Hey everyone I just picked up a 87 325e this weekend.
    It's got 200k, 5spd

Cheers

No one in windsor?

Comment

That's a nice looking car

Comment

london here.. nice car..

Comment

HEY Locals!
          Lets see some pictures of your cars.

Comment

Mine needs some TLC before she gets her picture taken. But in good time.

Is yours running as good as it looks?

Comment

welcome nOOb!
              -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Bart021 View Post
                Mine needs some TLC before she gets her picture taken. But in good time.

Is yours running as good as it looks?
                The suspension needs a good overhaul, but other than that I have painted all the trim and added a few euro goodies too.

did you just pick up your E30?

Comment

Ya. I bought the ugly ducking that has been sitting on the lot for two years. I guess I got it in November.

None of the interior lights worked., dash and console included. The driver seat has the usual wear on the bolster. The wipers worked when they wanted to. And there where no tunes. Well the driver seat is all that needs attention now. But there are bigger fish to fry first.

The engine has 245K on it and ran like shit. A new boot and ten dollars worth of new hose clamps and she runs pretty decent now. I have ordered some parts from the states to tune it up, but as she sits now she is getting 9.6ltrs/100kms. Not to bad considering it was getting 17.8ltrs/100 kms when I picked it up. I plan on replacing all the oils with Synthetics . That should help the mileage a little, can't hurt it anyway.

Then Paint and the seat, some new fogs, valance and rear lens and Bobs your uncle. Picture time.

I really want to keep this as a project car, and stay as stock as possible. What do you have planned for yours?

BTW I think I saw you kicking around Kingsville today, That is a nice looking car.

Comment

I would avoid the synthetic oils. The car was designed for regular oil, i'm sure that syn would provide better lubrication, but it's going to leak out of everywhere. theres a few threads on here about it.

9.6L/100k isn't bad. I have a ETA and I get about 8L/100K if I take it easy. What brings you to kingsville? I don't have any plans, just stay up on the maintenance and maybe lower it in the spring. What Lot did you pick yours up at?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the synthetics.
                      My son is autistic and just loves to be moving so we take a ride on Sundays and that usually takes us through that area.

I got it at Rainbow used cars. Payed to much for it I am sure but what the hell. It is the body style that I like and it is in good enough shape to use as a project.

Where did you get yours?

Comment

You guys ever drive though point pelee? thats a nice drive.

I found mine posted on VWvortex, a fella in Windsor had it. I paid too much as well for the same reason... haha funny how that works.
                        theres a local BMW forum you should check out as well

Comment

I thought I had answered this already.

Yes we where out that way in the late fall for the first time. I plan on doing some biking out there this summer.

I have been on Maxbimmer before. That is another good forum.

For right now I am trying to get my garage drywalled so I can do some work in it without freezing my butt off.

BTW I paid 2500 for mine. OK stop laughing.

Comment

Man you where right about the Syn. oil. There must have been some in it. As soon as I changed the oil, I put in Castrol high mileage, all the oil leaks stopped. Thanks Freshjive

Comment

No problem. I've found shell 15W-40 works well too. It came be had at Canadian tire in 4L jugs for 15.99. It really helps my mileage too.
                              How the resto coming along? make any changes lately

Comment

Working...
                              X