Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mook613 View Post
    How new are these changes?
    I just safetied my 89' vert last April with no real issues. Definiately a bunch of non-oem parts in the car.

Had it done at Bavarian Motorsport up in Markham. Steve is a master with E30's (and any BMW for that matter).
    It changed as of July 2016, so you had great timing. ;) We've been working on getting the safety done for our E28 which has been more of a challenge than we were expecting. It's a stretch to see how many of the items the car "needs" have anything to do with safety.

Shockwave was going to get an E28 from a guy on r3v and mye28 in Ottawa with the hopes that we'd be able to put together one E28 that we could actually get safetied and registered. They agreed on a price and we were making arrangements to go pick it up, but then the seller decided to trade the car to a friend instead after almost 5 months of messaging.
    1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
    Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

I purchased my 318is in August and had no problems with getting the safety and registration done. All I had to do before the safety was a new control arm and it was good to go.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Hey guys, Shockwave and I are having a classic BMW meet & cruise to the drive-in movie theatre near Newmarket to see the new Fast & the Furious movie (along with two other movies TBD) on Saturday, April 15th. We have stops planned just off the 400 south of Barrie, in Woodbridge, and in Aurora, so you can join up with us at whatever point works for you. Hope to see you there! You can find the details here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show....php?p=4767459
        1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
        Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

How new are these changes?
          I just safetied my 89' vert last April with no real issues. Definiately a bunch of non-oem parts in the car.

Had it done at Bavarian Motorsport up in Markham. Steve is a master with E30's (and any BMW for that matter).

You mean "Bavarian Motors". Steve sold it last week. :sad:
          URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

I'm in Central Ontario, north of Orillia, but am willing to come to events further south.

Most of the work on my E30 I've done myself. Anyone wants to wrench or anything, let me know.

Thinking about coming to that event on the weekend if I can book off. :)
            Estoguy
            1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
              Most of the work on my E30 I've done myself. Anyone wants to wrench or anything, let me know.
              Roadrunner and I are just south of Barrie, and will definitely take you up on that. We've got an M20 that's in need of a fresh timing belt and water pump, and you're definitely the local expert on that job by now. :)

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
              Thinking about coming to that event on the weekend if I can book off. :)
              You'll love the route we have planned. ;D

Comment

Don't leave me out of this wrenching... I even come with tools [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do any of you have a contact who could help me with the safety inspection for my E28 528e? It's getting historic plates, I've been working on it for months fixing every major and minor issue it had, and am still getting grief from the local shops over ridiculous 'problems' with the car.

Don't leave me out of this wrenching... I even come with tools [emoji14]
                  If you don't mind heading north you're welcome to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                    Do any of you have a contact who could help me with the safety inspection for my E28 528e? It's getting historic plates, I've been working on it for months fixing every major and minor issue it had, and am still getting grief from the local shops over ridiculous 'problems' with the car.
                    Have you tried Scott's Auto (Tech-Net) in Alliston? My family has used him for a long time and he's been really fair to us. Worth a shot?
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                      Roadrunner and I are just south of Barrie, and will definitely take you up on that. We've got an M20 that's in need of a fresh timing belt and water pump, and you're definitely the local expert on that job by now. :)

You'll love the route we have planned. ;D
                      Well, give me a buzz when you're ready for that timing belt. It's really not a bad job at all. Need a good half day to get it done without rushing. I've done 3 now with no hiccups. :)
                      Estoguy

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

May need some help with an e46 steering rack swap one day soon, but will be dropping subframe to do oil pan at the same time.

Comment

May need some help with an e46 steering rack swap one day soon, but will be dropping subframe to do oil pan at the same time.

I'd be interested in knowing more about the swap. I'm running my rack cheap style, no belt since the rack seals are gone.
                          Estoguy

Comment

I am just finishing up an e36 rack swap and it was pretty straight forward, minus the fact that I didn't order all the parts I needed beforehand so it was a long process of 1 hour here and 1 hour there to get it finished up.

I'm just waiting on a new control arm to arrive (today) and then I have everything. All thats left to do is install tie rods, control arm and trim the firewall for the steering shaft since my car is an airbag car.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

The guys in the Ontario E30's Facebook page are looking to out on a get together this Sunday afternoon for anyone interested. I might try to make it but we'll see. I'm on dog duty this weekend.

The below is copy and pasted from the groups page.

Dear e30 friends;
                              it's may and we need to get some community events going.
                              I'd like to kick that off.

Ontario E30 Picnic,
                              Sunday May 28th.
                              Watersedge Park, Mississauga
                              3pm - whenever.

This park is in a great location, tucked away and rather hidden. There are a few BBQ's at the park which we can take advantage of. The parking lot is right in the middle of the park.

There are ~26 spots in the parking lot and we can park on the street leading to the park if enough people show up.

I will be bringing sausages/buns. Post here if you would like to bring something.

Would love to see you all there.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
                                You mean "Bavarian Motors". Steve sold it last week. :sad:
                                Thats super shitty to hear..

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X