• Show
Clear All

East E30 Picnic - 2024 Info

Saturday, July 20, 2024 10a-4p

H.M. Levitz Memorial Park
    28 Park Dr
    Grantville, PA 17028​

Event in Grantville, PA by East e30 Picnic on Saturday, July 20 2024
    Last edited by Aleman; 04-01-2024, 07:50 AM.
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

I'll be there! (also, your post says July 24 instead of July 20)

I promised myself last year that I'd have AC by the next picnic, but that's not happening. We'll be in our new house with a garage sometime between July and September this year. So as a consolation, I'll have AC, 5-speed conversion, and a stroker for the 2025 picnic!
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      I'll be there! (also, your post says July 24 instead of July 20)

I promised myself last year that I'd have AC by the next picnic, but that's not happening. We'll be in our new house with a garage sometime between July and September this year. So as a consolation, I'll have AC, 5-speed conversion, and a stroker for the 2025 picnic!
      Fixed the date!

Comment

Thinking about coming, already have the Friday before booked off work.
        It'll probably be 6.5-7hrs drive with a few stops for me.

Any suggestions on places to stay overnight near there? Mostly concerned about parking my E30 somewhere safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

Any suggestions on places to stay overnight near there? Mostly concerned about parking my E30 somewhere safe.
          Your best bet is to find an AirBnB place in a quiet neighborhood. It's pretty rural around there, so that's shouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

As it turns out, I won't be going to the east e30 picnic.

1) My auto transmission is making a grinding sound and I don't really want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere with no AC and an angry wife
            2) I'm moving out of my apartment on July 14 and into my house (hopefully) by August. The plan is to bridge the gap in new england with a week of work travel and a week of vacation

That being said, next year will have massive changes for the car. The house has a 16x20 single car garage + workspace, so I'm going to spend all winter overhauling the car. Finally cleaned for real inside and out, maybe some paint/body work, manual transmission and 2.7i swapped, and functional AC. Possible a light tint if I'm feeling frisky.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

You still going? A friend and I should be heading down from Ottawa

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post
                You still going? A friend and I should be heading down from Ottawa
                Not this year unfortunately.
                Couple health issues right now preventing me from driving any significant distance.

Comment

16 hours is really not that bad haha

Maybe next year - if I get my e30 fixed this winter now that I have somewhere to work on it...
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    16 hours is really not that bad haha

Maybe next year - if I get my e30 fixed this winter now that I have somewhere to work on it...
                    BIG NEWS - 2024 is the FINAL year for the East E30 picnic. Attend this Saturday if you ever had intentions to go.

Comment

Well that's not happening lmao
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                      X