Suggestions for the 2011 picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LivingLegend06 View Post
    I Thought it would be nice to start a thread to talk about how things went this year and hear what everyone would like to see done differently for next year.

One thing I think could be improved on is the parking situation.
    In past years they have made good attempts at sorting out the cars a little, a least the M3's. This year they seemed to be scattered everywhere.
    I know this can be difficult with the first come first serve parking scheme but if there were preassigned spaces or sections we could put all the M3s together.
    The same could be done for 24valve swaps, cabrios, turbo cars, etc.

Lets here some input.
    They should set up sections. Like this area for m3's this area for swaps you get the idea yeah? they can come in whenever they get there but the section will always be open until it's filled up with the specific cars. when parking gets full then i guess you can park where ever but until then... cars could go to there sections. put up huge signs of where which cars go haha.

Comment

They did sort of separate the m3's last year, but with a staggering line of 200 cars coming in at random assortments, that WAY too much work. You don't really appreciate it until you are involved in an event of this nature.

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool, but you would also miss out on the casual atmosphere of strolling along and oh look at this etc. Some m3 owners are snobs and probably wouldn't leave their section! lol

I personally like the randomized parking. It takes away from the "competition" feel.
      sigpic

Comment

same here, makes you have to walk around to see everything

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

The last time I remember any M3s parked together on purpose was a few years ago at XXX, the back line had one of every color parked. Last year there was no intentional parking of M3s together. And as for the comment of parking in groups won't encourage the owners to walk around, then that is there loss! :p

I don't have an issue with parking it either way. I just know organizing cars into groups puts a huge strain on parking staff and after how long it took last year, I'd rather see people parked as quickly as possible vs in groups.
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
            #1 Suggestion and only:
            CHANGE THE DAMN DATE BACK TO THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE!

I know i sound like a crying baby every year since the date change.. I used to prep my cars for the picnic be pumped then go fishing for the summer.. Now that you changed the Picnic date from the first week in june to the last i will never be able to attend ever again! I dont know if you guys remember but i was at alot of the earlyer picnics at the XXX.. I loved it back then R3V was raw, original and unique, now abunch of style biters IMO.. have fun dudes im just jealous i wont ever attend a picnic again.. hahaha
            Damn commercial fishing!!
            I agree. there's a triathlon the day before for me, I made it last year but it was rough. I wanted to pass out after lunch time. I'm not thinking I'll drive down to Tacoma this year, I realize the XXX was overgrown but the drive from up north through Seattle into Tacoma really, really sucks.

but I don't think it's realistic for them to change the date for a small amount of people. There will always be somebody who can't make it because of the date - I just wish it wasn't me.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Don't you dare change it back! The later in the month, the better my chances are of making it this year.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

As long as we are at Lemay-Marymount the date will stay in late June. Get used to it. At least 10-1 the feedback I get is people like the later date in June. More people are done with school. The weather has 3 weeks to be better too.

Speaking of, early registration will open on May 1. A link will be posted, stay tuned.
                Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

End of June is definitely better for those who attend college; the picnic used to fall on the weekend just before final exams for me, making attendance impossible. The Lemay-Marymount is a far better location as well. Looking forward to that early registration!!

Comment

pre-registration process;
                    Pre-registration drastically cuts down on arrival & parking time. Not that I'm discouraging caravans to the picnic, but understand that when a parade of cars all show up at the same time it's obviously going to slow down the parking situation. Pay at the gate, that's obviously going to take longer. Since MotorsportReg is now being used for so many events, pre-registration really-really makes sense for anybody that knows ahead of time they'll be going.

location;
                    Although I love the XXX venue for GTG's, I think the new location is a much better location for the Picnic. The original XXX location and date is now being used for the BMW CCA Annual Burgers & BMW's Event. That's another event not to be missed.

time of month;
                    A lot better chance of better weather.

cost;
                    More than reasonable.

raffle format;
                    The more tickets put in the bucket, the more chance of winning.

food service;
                    The BBQ fits the Picnic.

Pre-Registration....DONE!
                    Steve
                    '89 332i
                    '90 M3
                    '01 530is
                    '12 MCS BW
                    '15 RAM 3500

Comment

I'm a fan of the later date, gives me more time to get the e30 running and more time to make last minute plans! Ha!
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

i like it later in june but this is so late im not 100% sure ill still be around. But hey whatever :p

Comment

we should have awards, best early/late, peoples choice etc....just a random thought

Comment

Youngest/oldest owner never was handed out last year too

Comment

We'll have Furthest Traveled Award, Youngest and Oldest owners. Forgot to do Youngest/Oldest last year. oops.
                              Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                              www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

lance, every hot rod show, etc i go to, where the cars register, there is a tiny red dot you put on like windshield, with # etc, and people write it down for best this or that...

maybe something to think about next year?

trophies are made from pistons etc

Comment

Working...
                                X