Suggestions for the 2011 picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for the 2011 picnic

I Thought it would be nice to start a thread to talk about how things went this year and hear what everyone would like to see done differently for next year.

One thing I think could be improved on is the parking situation.
    In past years they have made good attempts at sorting out the cars a little, a least the M3's. This year they seemed to be scattered everywhere.
    I know this can be difficult with the first come first serve parking scheme but if there were preassigned spaces or sections we could put all the M3s together.
    The same could be done for 24valve swaps, cabrios, turbo cars, etc.

Lets here some input.

I happen to like how is was spread out. It was like you were almost surprised on what kind of car you would see next.

Comment

Cool idea but it would take a long time to sort that out since people are coming in at different times in different groups.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I think there has always been a desire to do this but I think the logistics of handling it are pretty impossible. The main thing that would have to happen is everyone would have to be pre-registered. that means no more just dropping in with a random E30 to say hi, which goes against the spirit of the picnic that all E30s are welcome.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i think we have already outgrown the new venue. does anyone have the final numbers yet of how many attended?
          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
            i think we have already outgrown the new venue. does anyone have the final numbers yet of how many attended?
            daniel, pictures.....
            1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
            2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
            2003 X5 3.0

Comment

I'd like to see less Tacoma traffic and more chicks at James' shindig.

Saturday morning Auto-X at Cheney Stadium?

I think the date was great, June 6th would have sucked this year!

Comment

The M3s haven't been in their own section since the Picnic was at park by the lake just north of Renton off 405. At XXX, the M3s that parked together were pre-arranged and only a handful at most.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea to have the different models parked together, but it would take a great deal of organization and planning to do it the day of.

I think the current place has room to grow, still lots of unused areas and the cars could be parked a little closer. One suggestion I would have is to fill muliple areas at the same time. The main holdup in the morning was waiting for the one line of cars to park as they filled up going from back to front. A few more parking volunteers could solve that issue :)
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                  I'd like to see less Tacoma traffic and more chicks at James' shindig.

Saturday morning Auto-X at Cheney Stadium?

I think the date was great, June 6th would have sucked this year!
                  more chicks is a great idea but honesltly I was surprised at how many girls WERE there. traffic ain't gonna change lol

Comment

+1 on the parking organization. i was waiting a little over 5 minutes just to park

sigpic

Comment

I just wish it were longer :(

We all spend countless weekends and long nights turning wrenches and prepping our cars, it never feels like the 5 hour show is long enough for me.

Comment

So what about doing it at a track in Seattle or the Portland area. Maybe even get some track time in and have the PRO 3 guys do a short race as well. I would be willing to pay more to do something more like that and a track would have the parking we would need too. Hell if we charged $50 per E30 and ten for none participants Im sure we could get enough to rent a track with the help of BMWCCA and some other groups.
                        CBAKE
                        86 Eta (sold)
                        88 325ix (sold)
                        87 325i

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          I just wish it were longer :(

We all spend countless weekends and long nights turning wrenches and prepping our cars, it never feels like the 5 hour show is long enough for me.
                          You want it longer? I left early, partially due to a massive hangover. I thought the Le May musuem was cool place but, I saw some broken front lips due to lawn. I like the idea of the auto-x at Cheney. Maybe move the whole show to Cheney. Do the auto-x and show at the same time. Pretty cool to see some of those pro-3's due some auto-x.

Comment

I thought the new place was a vast improvement over the old XXX, the lawn was a nice backdrop and I think helped some cars appearance aswell. Lemay has plenty of room for us to grow.
                            88 M3
                            90 325is
                            91 M5

Comment

Feedback please

Guys, thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. I'd like to know your opinions about:

pre-registration process
                              cost
                              raffle format
                              food service
                              tour

We did have a learning curve with this new venue. we've taken notes on how to get the E30s on the lawn more efficiently next year.
                              Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                              www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X