Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 E30 Picnic status Covid-19

Hello BMW E30 Owners,

I hope your E30 is treating you well. And that in general you are staying safe.

I've been getting enough questions about the status of the 2020 E30 Picnic that I figure I'll put a message out about it.

As of right now, we are still holding the June 28 date at LeMay Marymount for the 2020 E30 Picnic. We are watching the guidelines from the state and if it looks like the Shelter In Place orders drag into June, then we'll look at moving the date to later in the summer. The good news is LeMay Marymount do not traditionally have many events on that lush green East lawn that we use for the E30 Picnic. So if we need a new date, we should be able to grab one.

Hopefully the hard work and hardship everyone in the state is going through to stay home will reap benefits by summer and some of our social activities we all enjoy can be held, including car shows. If things do not improve enough, then postponing the E30 Picnic will be the smart and responsible thing to do.

I'll post updates to the E30 Picnic website, The E30 Picnic subforum on R3VLimited, and to the PNW E30 Facebook Group
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Thank you for the information.. Be well everyone..
    it's just a ETA !

Comment

May 12 Updated: Due to the phased opening announced by the governor, the E30 Picnic has been postponed. We may hold the E30 Picnic in August. We are watching how the "phased" opening of the state goes, and if it seems possible and safe, we'll look for a date in August or September to hold the E30 Picnic. We'll try to give 30 days notice of the new date, once known.

​Until then, have fun with your E30!

Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
      www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Thank you for the update.. Be well everyone !
        it's just a ETA !

Comment

Hi Anyone have any news on the Picnic? We are planning on coming up in Sept, just wondering if we will be able to go the picnic too???
          thanks,
          jm

Comment

I'm looking at making a return to the e30 picnic! My brother and I used to religiously make the picnic from 04-11 and we'd love to make it out this summer
            sigpic

Comment

Just FYI for those looking for information, the 2020 picnic is cancelled due to ongoing uncertainty. e30picnic.com is now updated to reflect this.

Daniel
              1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
              2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Are there any plans for a 2021 picnic?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Here's the last email I received about it on Feb 10th.

Greetings all,

I hope your E30 is treating you well. I am very excited to announce that since founding the E30 Picnic in 2002 and subsequently running the E30 Picnic for something like 19 years, I will be taking a step back as the lead for the event for 2021. There is a national BMW CCA E30 SIG (Special Interest Group) which is excited to take over running the event. The board of directors for this E30 SIG includes local E30 hero James Crivellone. Some of you know James as the enthusiast who has hosted the Saturday night party at his house, and helped coordinate the Saturday E30 Tech Session the day before the Sunday Picnic. The E30 SIG are even thinking about starting an East Coast E30 Picnic to complement our West Coast event.

So James Crivellone along with the E30 SIG will start to plan a possible 2021 E30 Picnic, date to be determined. You'll be hearing from James & Co. in a bit, and keep your eyes always on the E30 Picnic web site for updates on the 2021 event.

I'm excited for the E30 SIG to take over the administration and promotion for the E30 Picnic. They are going to bring in some fresh ideas, and fresh enthusiasm to make for great future E30 Picnics. I'll be helping them with the hand-off behind the curtains.

I hope you'll all continue to keep your E30s in tip top shape (or barely running, as is sometimes the case), and roll out for the E30 Picnic when it finally happens again!

Cheers,

Lance Richert

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                  X