Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Stability Control III on E30

Hello everyone!
    I discovered that my 320i E30 CAB m.y. 1991 is equipped with a Dynamic Stability Control III! Here is the extract of the etk. I think there isn't such equipment, the third evolution moreover! And in that extract there isn't the ABS.
    Do you know anything about this? I read an American article that says something about DCS, but it was much imprecise and Italian market was different from American.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scipio84; 01-31-2018, 02:28 AM.

I don't think that is correct. Those systems didn't even exist in 1991 - the first BMW DSC was the 740i in 1997. What's your serial#? (last 7 of VIN)

Most of the online VIN decoders are using stolen databases (actually, probably all of them) with questionable translations and data quality - so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in what they tell you.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately, Bmw renewed the website for classic car, and now it is very poor and sometimes incorrect, so the only resource are those "stolen" databases that base on the old platform.
      My vin is EB79245.

Comment

Even BMW is incorrect about these descriptions....an explanation is that a lot of older option codes are reused, hence why 210 (which is ABS) is now displayed as DSC as ABS is standard on any BMW.....

I do have some vintage brochures where all the correct option codes are displayed, could scan and post if anyone is interested

Comment

Working...
        X