For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
    we should have one a little further north. i know a few e30's and other bimmer guys that'd be willing to come
    Personally after the turn out of the last two meets I planned I'm not gonna plan anything farther than 15 minutes from my house.

Originally posted by NigelStu View Post
    Mark this one down on your calendars for a place / activity to have an E30 meet-up:

August 25-26, Michigan International Speedway

Chump Car is running an event there that weekend. There will be multiple E30s in the event, including Thelma. :D
    Thanks for posting that up Ben. I will start a thread for it and a tailgate party/meet on e30tech and r3vlimited.

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Thanks. Oil seems to be starting from the front of the valve cover gasket and down the front of the engine. It also is pretty dirty around the whole oil pan... I was going to change the valve cover gasket for sure and then try and clean it up to see more clearly where its coming from. Could be leaking from a couple of places, crank seal? lower/upper oil pan gasket? BTW its a M42.

Id be down to help plan a meet. I liked the Ann Arbor/Metro Parks idea. I used to rip around on bikes back there. On a good day its a great ride. I'm thinking mid May or early June would make us pretty safe with the weather. I'll probably drop into the xceed thing regardless.
    All of those sound possible. My valve cover gasket was leaking at one point, it also caused some vacuum leak issues. I don't know much about the M42 though.

The park we went to last time had a scenic drive out there, but I'm not eager to go too far for a meet cause I haven't had much luck getting people to show up before. I think early June is going to be best, at least for me, cause I'm still in school in mid May.
    '87 5-speed 325is
    The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
    Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
    Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

I'm willing to drive pretty much wherever to meet up some bimmerheads, I'm about 2 hours from Detroit. I'm used to KC where there were tons of guys and we met up all the time. I don't get my cars out when there is salt on the road though.

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

Originally posted by kesslerbmw View Post
        I'm willing to drive pretty much wherever to meet up some bimmerheads, I'm about 2 hours from Detroit. I'm used to KC where there were tons of guys and we met up all the time. I don't get my cars out when there is salt on the road though.
        There is actually a bunch of guys around but sadly I have met very few of them.
        '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Does anyone know of anyone local looking for a auto convertible project? The engine had a popped timing belt, the head was pulled, a full rebuilt head (seats, guides seals etc) as obtained. I am in school and haven't had a chance to really work on it again. The car is red with black top and tan interior, the interior rear needs a little work, the fronts are sport seats or something from a difference car and are great.
          The body is perfect on the outside, that is why I bought the car.
          I have reciepts from before I bought the car where the guy spent a good amount. I have the new head, timing belt, water pump all the gaskets etc for the rebuild would be pretty quick to finish if someone has the time.

Some stuff is going on in my life and I am considering selling this off. I don't have to and won't if I can't atleast nearly break even which is nearly impossible unless I finish the car. The number is $2,300
          2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Hey everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. I am a fellow michigander with an e30. I am from midland. My car is a 89 325is, this is actually my second e30. my first was a 91 318i, it was a little rough around the edges. The new one is not so rough and I have some big plans for it this summer if everything goes well. Hopefully I will find a proper snail to get tucked in the engine bay somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ricerscott View Post
              Hey everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. I am a fellow michigander with an e30. I am from midland. My car is a 89 325is, this is actually my second e30. my first was a 91 318i, it was a little rough around the edges. The new one is not so rough and I have some big plans for it this summer if everything goes well. Hopefully I will find a proper snail to get tucked in the engine bay somewhere.
              Nice to meet you. I grew up in the Nasty. Im out there every now and then still.

Comment

Hey guys! thought I would check in as well. I have an 89 325is I purchased from the list of craig..... It probably has around 300-400k miles on it. I just had the motor rebuilt by a great e30 mechanic in detroit, now Im working on suspension and getting my electrical mess figured out..

Regardless, Its good to meet you guys and if you dont mind chatting with a youngin' (19) feel free to send me a message

Comment

Originally posted by Ebon View Post
                  Hey guys! thought I would check in as well. I have an 89 325is I purchased from the list of craig..... It probably has around 300-400k miles on it. I just had the motor rebuilt by a great e30 mechanic in detroit, now Im working on suspension and getting my electrical mess figured out..

Regardless, Its good to meet you guys and if you dont mind chatting with a youngin' (19) feel free to send me a message
                  Nice to meet both of you. Would you like a place on the Michigan E30 map?

I don't mind talking w/ youngins at all. Everyone was one at some point whether they like to admit it or not.
                  '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by Ebon View Post

What up man, if ever want to shoot the shit about cars hit me up. It would be nice to know another e30 guy in the area. Im in Hamtramck, work out in Madison Hights BTW.

Comment

If I ever get my car finished and don't end us selling I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people around here some day. Maybe I just need to find someone to finish the work on the car for me and get it out of the garage.
                      2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

put me on the e30 map, downriver needs some lovin too. trenton, mi
                        Red-ish 89 325ix with dent in the door, bad paint, missing center caps, broken defrost, broken ac, p/s pump may be going, brake pad sensors missing. On the plus side i just had the trannie and tc fixed for 2 grand!!

Comment

Sure, you can put me on the map in midland! BTW got the car out for the first time this season. Such a joy to drive even though it's a turd!

Comment

Hey ricerscott, I'm over in bay city. Wonder if I've seen you around..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by catoichi View Post
                              put me on the e30 map, downriver needs some lovin too. trenton, mi
                              Sure, you can put me on the map in midland! BTW got the car out for the first time this season. Such a joy to drive even though it's a turd!
                              Updated the Map
                              '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

I'm in Detroit. I have 2 89 325ix's

The white one is for sale if anyone is interested.

Also: if anyone in the area is selling an mtechII kit, I'm looking for one for the red one.

and

Comment

Working...
                                X