behhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

behhhh

so i parked my m50 car for a few so i can put some work into it (hopefully all before chapterfest) and am now driving my beater es again. (for all that dont know about the car ask yun, he witnessed it in its rice stage) overall, its a low mile es that just had some hack body work done. but being that it only has 84k on it and it is an 86...it has a few issues here and there (mainly from not being driven much and sitting in storage for 5 yrs)...and the only i am most concerned with atm is the lopey idle its been having. since i just parked the swap car and am now going to be driving this one for a minute or two..i want to get it figured out...so here all, is my issue...

when i first got the car i began to dd it after it had sat in storage for 5 yrs. it had a lopey idle/missfire from the start. when i got it i changed the plugs and wires, d cap and rotor, fpr, and oil of course....still had this lopey idle issue...well i ordered me some intake mani gaskets and last night i went to town on it. after a few fun hours of bending my hang in positions never fathomed before, and some t-stat housing gasket making...i got it all buttoned up. ( i did infact have a bad cyl 3+4 gasket...was cracked down the middle). well...idle has indeed improved and has somewhat smooted out but it still is jumping a bit. this happens both when the engine is cold and warm.

i might point out that i have pinched off one of my vac. lines (the one that goes from the intake boot to i believe the manifold) in hopes of lowering my excessively high idle. when i first got the car it was idling high in upwards to 1200..but then one day i remember hearing a pop noise upon start up (the kind of sound a intake gasket makes when blowing) and my car all of a sudden idles at 3k. im like wtf! i then shut her off...start again and same thing...excessively high idle. so i pinch this one hose and it drops the idle to 1 k...tolerable ok...but even after i changed my intake gaskets i still have this 3k idle if i remove the clamp off the hose i pinch off. i dont want to run my car ghetto style with some pinched off vac hose..i want to fix this problem. i was thinking maybe tps now but when i am cruising and on the throttle...it drives fine...i only have this high idle issue...

i havent yet checked my o2....i know my fuel mileage is kinda shitty and i was thinking cause of these intake gaskets...maybe its my 02...i checked the icv (unplugged it and the idle soared more...even tried a spare same issue)...im just kinda stumped...im sure its a few unrelying issues that all kind of relate to each other...it sounds like i have a few bugs to try and twerk out...

has anyone else had this happen to them??
    e30s r kool

I would venture to guess its vacuum leak or temp sensor. Did you try the thermostat sensors yet? thats where I would start. Then check your entire intake all the way to the manifold piece by piece and replacing some gasket along the way.

also check your adjustment screw on teh throttle and your throttle cable.

Comment

yea im gonna take a peak at er there (the adj screw that is)

where is it located exactly? on the tb itself?
      e30s r kool

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
        yea im gonna take a peak at er there (the adj screw that is)

where is it located exactly? on the tb itself?
        yea.

Comment

fixed. yun was right...a very poorly adj throttle cable and screw would do it...now she idles where she should yay
          e30s r kool

Comment

Working...
          X