Poll: Who has Maryland Historic tags on their E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Who has Maryland Historic tags on their E30

Starting January my 1992 325ic would quialify for Historic tags.
    I was wondering how many of us have them on their cars?

any down side?

Thanks
    Yes
    77.78%
    No
    22.22%

I do and many will.

Down side is if the law surrounding the tags is ever enforced.

It won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
      I do and many will.

Down side is if the law surrounding the tags is ever enforced.

It won't be.
      I'm going to sound like a dick again. But they need to clamp down on historic tags. To many junk piles running around with them just to get by MD inspection. Not to say there are nice cars too. But the ones abusing the system is going to ruin it for you guys in the new state of California!

And OP, you forgot to add a poll lol. But got you covered! :up:

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

My e36 doesn't qualify but my e30 wasn't historic. My next one will be. Most of the college park crew has historics, only a few actually drive their e30s more than once or twice a week.
        stephenbrody.com

Comment

I daily my car on historic tags.
          Never had any problems, have been pulle over for ther things an cops never said a thing about my tags

I have them to save money, and mod my car how I want, ie straight pipe exhaust an no cats.

Comment

I got historic plates on my new e30. We'll see how it goes. I've been thinking about getting plate frames that cover the historic text but haven't yet.
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Historic on the s50 car, and on my vert when I had it. Drove the s50e30 way less than 5000 miles this year. I check things on it constantly cause I always autox or track it plus it has to pass tech. It will pass an emissions test too!!!

Just saves on the damn inspection when you purchase the vehicle and the insane registration amounts that MD are charging! Can't wait till I renew my dodge this year at 212.00!
              Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
                I got historic plates on my new e30. We'll see how it goes. I've been thinking about getting plate frames that cover the historic text but haven't yet.
                You risk obscuring your registration plate or technically placing foreign objects on it, both violations the earlier being a Must Appear offense.

Even if historic was covered, the tag is historic in its format and can be recognized off of it alone.

Your risk of violating a 13.411 article is much higher than violating the limits of the operation of vehicles registered historic.

Comment

You risk obscuring your registration plate or technically placing foreign objects on it, both violations the earlier being a Must Appear offense.

Even if historic was covered, the tag is historic in its format and can be recognized off of it alone.

Your risk of violating a 13.411 article is much higher than violating the limits of the operation of vehicles registered historic.

you're a LEO.

Comment

Well that's all done now, and yes it was painful and very costly

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                    Historic on the s50 car, and on my vert when I had it. Drove the s50e30 way less than 5000 miles this year. I check things on it constantly cause I always autox or track it plus it has to pass tech. It will pass an emissions test too!!!

Just saves on the damn inspection when you purchase the vehicle and the insane registration amounts that MD are charging! Can't wait till I renew my dodge this year at 212.00!

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                      you're a LEO.
                      You're in the catering business.

Comment

Are you sure you understand what i'm talking about? A license plate frame. These are sold all over at auto parts stores. They are a BMW OEM part too. You're saying these are illegal? How are the stores allowed to sell them then?

What's a LEO? Are you a police officer?
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

LEO= Law enforcement officer

Comment

You're in the catering business.
                            hahahah. nice response.

and yes, cabriopunk is a police officer. really nice guy too.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Technically, license plate frames that obscure any part of the plate *are* illegal.

My red car has historic tags because I hardly drive it. I didn't want to think about it, so I got the swap car/DD inspected.

I'm really looking forward to when K's 993 Turbo is Historic eligible. It's a pain in the ass getting that thing smogged.
                              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                              1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                              - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Working...