Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bradnic
    replied
    I've never seen it around west burbs, but we have VintageFest this Sunday, maybe the car will be there..

Leave a comment:

• b-rad
    replied
    Come to VintageFest this Sunday... There will be a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• peasouped
    replied
    Whats up all? I had a 325is I sold to a guy in PA a few years back and he sold it to a guy in the Chicago area. Has anyone see this car kicking around? Car is s50 swapped with Houndstooth. Looking to buy this car back even if the owner is not looking to sell. Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• thor:it
    replied
    Cool, I was thinking about heading to that, now I think I will. I just read his column in roundel last night too!

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Originally posted by thor:it View Post
    Nice! Good to meet you, twins for sure. I cracked my oil pan on the e30 2 weeks ago and that was scary but the m20 came out unscathed. It's good to have it back. Do you guys know what's going on in the BMW community around here? Meet ups, wrenching days, etc?

Rob Siegel, "The Hack Mechanic" will be attending the show and will speak and sign copies of his new book after.

Don't miss it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by TrentW View Post
    So you're getting that leg shortening surgery so you can fit in an E30? ;)
    Definitely recommend the surgery, it's worth it.

Originally posted by genbar View Post
    Sup,Ian, we're twins(ish). I live in Bucktown and have an e30('91 318i) and e46(sedan)
    Nice! Good to meet you, twins for sure. I cracked my oil pan on the e30 2 weeks ago and that was scary but the m20 came out unscathed. It's good to have it back. Do you guys know what's going on in the BMW community around here? Meet ups, wrenching days, etc?

Leave a comment:

• genbar
    replied
    Originally posted by thor:it View Post
    Hi Chicago. I've been on this site for a long time, learning everything, not posting much, mainly because in my haste to join I chose such a lame username (and seems like the moderators don't like to be bothered with name change requests). My name is Ian, I live in the Ukrainian Village. I bought a 1990 325is in 2011 and love it, and love the e30 community and BMW community a lot as well. Since then I added an e46 touring in 2013 from Pennsylvania and drove home through the Blue Ridge Mountains and Smoky Mountains.

bmw325_num99, I checked out your website, that 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA must have been fun! Some of the best stock wheels to come out of that era in my opinion as well.

Sup,Ian, we're twins(ish). I live in Bucktown and have an e30('91 318i) and e46(sedan)

Leave a comment:

• bmw325_num99
    replied
    Originally posted by TrentW View Post
    That is probably what it would take. I miss them. I am thinking something small for my garage but that I can fit in:

Miata
    e30
    Mr2
    Wrangler
    rx7
    fj40
    4runner
    bmw airhead bike
    bmw f650/450gs bike
    or nothing and rent a fun car on Turo when i want it. There is a Z4 M coupe on there, for example.

Who has any better ideas for me?

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw325_num99 View Post
    I am selling my 540i M Sport on Sunday ( I hope, deposit in hand). Who has something cheap for me to try? I want something small for garage space so maybe another e30 is in my future...

Leave a comment:

• bmw325_num99
    replied
    Greetings, Thor! Sounds like a nice drive home from PA. I agree about my Trans Am wheels, so nice.

Leave a comment:

replied
    ignore the username

Hi Chicago. I've been on this site for a long time, learning everything, not posting much, mainly because in my haste to join I chose such a lame username (and seems like the moderators don't like to be bothered with name change requests). My name is Ian, I live in the Ukrainian Village. I bought a 1990 325is in 2011 and love it, and love the e30 community and BMW community a lot as well. Since then I added an e46 touring in 2013 from Pennsylvania and drove home through the Blue Ridge Mountains and Smoky Mountains.

bmw325_num99, I checked out your website, that 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA must have been fun! Some of the best stock wheels to come out of that era in my opinion as well.

Leave a comment:

• bmw325_num99
    replied
    I am selling my 540i M Sport on Sunday ( I hope, deposit in hand). Who has something cheap for me to try? I want something small for garage space so maybe another e30 is in my future...

Leave a comment:

• Schneller 3er
    replied
    Originally posted by LicensedToM View Post
    Hey guys, I have an out-of-town friend who is coming in to look at a BMW around Lincolnwood. He wanted to get a PPI done and wanted to know if there are any good shops in that area (or any that he should avoid). Any reccos would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Not in the area, but LukeG Workshop is top notch.

Leave a comment:

• LicensedToM
    replied
    Hey guys, I have an out-of-town friend who is coming in to look at a BMW around Lincolnwood. He wanted to get a PPI done and wanted to know if there are any good shops in that area (or any that he should avoid). Any reccos would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by LicensedToM; 06-08-2016, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• b-rad
    replied
    Planning on sat for car show, have reg car also... Then novice racing Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X