Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddiemeister
    replied
    Anyone attending this event this weekend?https://www.facebook.com/events/697845060573610/?ti=icl

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemeister
    replied
    Originally posted by phillipj View Post
    If you are in the near West burbs, I had mine done by Bob at Chuck's Import in Darien, IL. I totally trust him when I haven't had the time to do the work myself, and have been taking our e30 there for the life of the car, which was my parents' starting in 1991, and my own starting in maybe 2002.

There's also a good guy at 'Pinnacle Automotive' in Woodridge, IL that I definitely trust.

I know there's also lots of other people around people will have suggestions for, I've heard of a few in the near South burbs. Good luck. Timing belt on this car isn't too bad compared to others I have done, but if you don't have the time or setup, definitely have a professional mechanic take care of this for you.

/joe
    Thanks for that info guys! Iíll be contacting those shops in the following weeks and get some pricing.

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddiemeister View Post
    Hey fellas after looking at the DIY for the timing belt and water pump. I just donít have the time or tools to tackle this by myself on a weekend. Can you guys recommend any shops in the Chicagoland area? Preferably someone youíve gone to for similar repairs or a trust worthy shop. TIA
    If you are in the near West burbs, I had mine done by Bob at Chuck's Import in Darien, IL. I totally trust him when I haven't had the time to do the work myself, and have been taking our e30 there for the life of the car, which was my parents' starting in 1991, and my own starting in maybe 2002.

There's also a good guy at 'Pinnacle Automotive' in Woodridge, IL that I definitely trust.

I know there's also lots of other people around people will have suggestions for, I've heard of a few in the near South burbs. Good luck. Timing belt on this car isn't too bad compared to others I have done, but if you don't have the time or setup, definitely have a professional mechanic take care of this for you.

/joe

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/LukeGwerkshop

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemeister
    replied
    Hey fellas after looking at the DIY for the timing belt and water pump. I just don’t have the time or tools to tackle this by myself on a weekend. Can you guys recommend any shops in the Chicagoland area? Preferably someone you’ve gone to for similar repairs or a trust worthy shop. TIA

Leave a comment:

• dantes
    replied
    Fuel Sender- passenger side

Hi Trent, ended up with a new pump from amazon, But now Iím looking for fuel sender passenger side, mine was damaged, the internal wires (resistance) broke.
    Do you have a spare one?

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Originally posted by dantes View Post
    Anyone a working fuel pump for an 89 e30?
    Died on me today on my daily driver.

I have a good barely used pump for an '89 325i. I'm near Oak Park.

Leave a comment:

• ivprodigy
    replied
    e or i?

Leave a comment:

• dantes
    replied
    Fuel pump

Anyone a working fuel pump for an 89 e30?
    Died on me today on my daily driver.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemeister
    replied
    Originally posted by cat97628 View Post
    I pulled the motor and trans this week to refresh all the seals and gaskets, do the timing belt, water pump etc. come on down and help turn a wrench😆

I have to do the valve cover gasket, timing belt and water pump on mine too 😩

Leave a comment:

• cat97628
    replied
    I pulled the motor and trans this week to refresh all the seals and gaskets, do the timing belt, water pump etc. come on down and help turn a wrench😆

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemeister
    replied
    60 miles south of the city but I work downtown. Should meetup after I get mine back on the road. Pics with a black and white Mtech verts would be kind of cool.
    That would be awesome. Why isnít yours on the road?

Leave a comment:

• cat97628
    replied
    60 miles south of the city but I work downtown. Should meetup after I get mine back on the road. Pics with a black and white Mtech verts would be kind of cool.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemeister
    replied
    Where are you at in Chicago?
    Jefferson Park Hbt yourself

Leave a comment:

• cat97628
    replied
    Where are you at in Chicago?

Leave a comment:

Working...