No announcement yet.

2013 Windy City VintageFest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposed to be a shit ton of rain. I might not be there in my "clean" e30, but the track car might make an appearance instead.

Comment

Is it a rain or shine event?

I don't want to stand in the rain for 5 hours....
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
      Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Despite the rain the turnout was great! Managed to make a tent and stayed dry most of the day. Looking forward to next year!
        1989 JDM-Tech 2
        2010 335 D for daily

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, the tent was pretty awesome. Only a hookah would've made it better
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
            I'm not gonna lie, the tent was pretty awesome. Only a hookah would've made it better
            Improvements will be made for next year, and a hookah is definitely part of the gameplan.
            1989 JDM-Tech 2
            2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Ha, yes the tent was great. It was good to see you all out there. I was surprised that turnout was as good as it was. Many thanks to the sponsors!

Comment

Thanks Trent and all involved for your hard work.... Another great show even with the weather. The party at bens just keeps getting better every year too,.
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

And a wild Aleks appears.

Wish I could've went. Stuck at school :(

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
                  Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
                    Improvements will be made for next year, and a hookah is definitely part of the gameplan.
                    Nice, I'm in for sure I'll bring my ezup
                    - Josh
                    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

VintageFest 2013

Thank you to all who came to 2013 VintageFest (Rain or Shine!).
                      Thanks go to Trent for organizing the event.
                      I'd like to send a special thank you to Kyle, who came from Indianapolis to help with check-in and anything else.
                      I was very pleased with the turn out, kudos to all!
                      Last edited by CCCXXVis; 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for attending in the wet guys! We had 101 cars register, but despite the rain we still had 64 cars and 192 attendees.

Thanks to Tony and Kyle for your help--much appreciated!

Photos are up on the Windy City Club site already:

See ya next year!

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                          Thanks Trent and all involved for your hard work.... Another great show even with the weather. The party at bens just keeps getting better every year too,.
                          Thanks for your support again this year Steve--much appreciated. And yes, Ben's party is almost as fun as VintageFest itself. Glad we got to hang out.

Comment

Great meeting you guys. We came in the black '89 E30 track rat w/ Corbeau seats (aka: "The Stig"). Despite the nasty weather, it allowed for some pretty good shots. Of course I captured a few of the red E30 M3 with paint that reflects better than a mirror lol...

CLEAAAAN S14!!!

And of course... The Stig (unfortunately the "STIG" plate didn't arrive in time for the Fest... next year...)
                            2007 Big Twin Turbo 335i + 1989 E30 Track Car

Comment

Trent- feel free to use my above photos however you would like.

Btw I don't think we had the chance to meet but I'm the dude who tried registering the '89 E30 track car at the last minute. Peter and I wound up driving together in the track E30 due to the weather and so all worked out.

Nice event!! Bummer about the weather but it was still a nice showing!

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                              Thanks for attending in the wet guys! We had 101 cars register, but despite the rain we still had 64 cars and 192 attendees.

Thanks to Tony and Kyle for your help--much appreciated!

Photos are up on the Windy City Club site already:

See ya next year!
                              2007 Big Twin Turbo 335i + 1989 E30 Track Car

Comment

Good time despite the rain, thought the tour of ZF was pretty cool

Few pics from the show and from Ben's party the night before:
                                My IX with an engine in the trunk, next to the M3
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	asdf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	7160492

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
                                Rear Diff Rebuild
                                Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
                                Transfer Case Rebuild
                                "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

Working...
                                X