X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
    Sam, didn't you track your all seasons? lol
    Yes, and they screamed the whole day. Good times watching Sam at HPR.
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Please, enlighten me how it would pass tech/divebomb corners when:

-shock fell out of shock mount e36s suck
    -door won't open in case of emergency from outside e36s suck
    -seat is broken e36s suck
    -exhaust and oil leak blow carbon monoxide into the cabin this one's new...
    -brake fluid is old $12 for a can of super blue
    -transmission was dead I heard they're cheap
    -I killed clutch slave #1 e36s suck
    -clutch slave #2 shat itself see above
    -clutch slave #3 shat itself weren't one or two of these user error?...
    -corded tires You have a brand new set sitting in front of the car, and like 3 total sets for that one red car.
    -horrid alignment $52 at Tire Source
    -needed oil badly So add oil?
    -brakes have not enough life left I heard Roland has boxes of HT-10s
    -air filter is about to fall apart KnN replacement
    -radiator support is missing screws to hold the front of the car together Hit up the junkyard, Home Depot, or McGuckin w/ specs from Realoem?...
    -shifter was hitting the driveshaft So bend it
    -aaaaaaaaand more. e36s suck

It's definitely the car's fault it hasn't gotten on track. Need I continue? For the record, the above have been fixed, but that's the list of things that prevented the car from going on track this year. It's not a list of all that I've done to fix it.

If I get this fellowship, then yes, I plan to.

Remember dude, I've driven an E30 on track. I've driven my Scoob on track. Both are absurd fun.
    Lets go to the track...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
      Lets go to the track...
      Sistine Chapel wasn't built in a day. Don't be hasty. Good things come to those who wait.

I seem to remember saying something about how the E36 was an E36 and was always breaking......

Christ I can't wait till next semester when I can go to the track. Fuuuuuuck I wanna go now that the car's sorted.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

sounds like David just had a bout of bad luck. i have had two E36s, and my brother has had three, and they aren't all that bad. Of course you have to want to work on them i guess.

Comment

Oh- as for who voted gov't into power, state/local government does road taxes for all but interstates. I voted the least shitty candidates into office, but I'm absolutely certain I'd be displeased no matter who I voted for.
          Which is why I only "voted" in like 3 boxes on this last ballot. It's all bad
          Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          I don't know enough about politics to argue intelligently.
          Neither do I!

heck yes!! hence it is experimentally possible to track all-seasons! and I also drove through a blizzard with them. While possible, that comes highly un-recommended. My studded snow tires vastly transforms my car.
          I'm convinved Sam shouldn't go to the track. He's reckless as shit... We're talking Snow-Plow-Sam... or ABQ-Rally-Star... I dunno, not very catchy... You don't belong somewhere where your inhibitions are harnessed!
          I tracked the scoob on 700tw all seasons, and killed my brakes, then drove home. It's doable but certainly isn't something I want to ever do again.
          My motor was held together with duct tape and zip ties and technically not connected to the chassis. I did 6 more sessions and drove home. Yay e30s

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

My motor was held together with duct tape and zip ties and technically not connected to the chassis. I did 6 more sessions and drove home. Yay e30s
            Scoob didn't break at all, just overheated stock Subaru city pads.

Manwagon pwns E30 pwns E36? Did I just divide by zero?
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

No cause a Subaru's motor mounts can't really fail if you look at em. What I was getting at was comparing the e30 to the e36... Yours spent a good deal of time sucking up money and sitting on jack stands... Mine, with broken seat installed still, was a champ

Comment

No cause a Subaru's motor mounts can't really fail if you look at em. What I was getting at was comparing the e30 to the e36... Yours spent a good deal of time sucking up money and sitting on jack stands... Mine, with broken seat installed still, was a champ
                So, what have we learned?

Don't buy a car from 3000miles away
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Well, if the government would use road tax to fix the damn roads, I wouldn't be so annoyed/cynical. But since they do stupid shit like buy open space around Boulder and then tell the citizens of Boulder County to GFYS and fix your own damn roads, which are county property.....ya, I'm a bit pissed.
                  Well, that's Boulder for ya.

This sums it up quite well:

Dave Jobusch did that for a whole season in his car. :D

But yeah, I have HT10s and 14inch snow tires up for sale.... who wants em?

Comment

yeah motor mounts and coolant are over-rated.

Duct tape and zip ties, however, are not.

and to illustrate some of Ben's comments:

Comment

So, what have we learned?

Don't buy a car from 3000miles away
                      My god, my head almost split open from laughing (feels like it's in a vice from this fucking cold. Thanks Clark and Sarah)
                      Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      Well, that's Boulder for ya.

This sums it up quite well:

Dave Jobusch did that for a whole season in his car. :D

But yeah, I have HT10s and 14inch snow tires up for sale.... who wants em?
                      As soon as he busted out the ruler I turned it off lol... I can only imagine what came next... What are these "snow" tires you speak of

Comment

You shaved David? Fail.

Comment

You shaved David? Fail.
                          Trimmed, man, trimmed.

When it's this long it's just a PITA to deal with.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

As soon as he busted out the ruler I turned it off lol... I can only imagine what came next... What are these "snow" tires you speak of
                            It's actually really funny...

And said snow tires are 14 inch snow tires sitting in my garage because I bought em for the 2002, but ended up getting a 13inch set instead.

You shaved David? Fail.
                            srsly. on no shave November of all days... wtf...

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                              It's actually really funny...

And said snow tires are 14 inch snow tires sitting in my garage because I bought em for the 2002, but ended up getting a 13inch set instead.

srsly. on no shave November of all days... wtf...
                              See, the point is to start clean shaven. 99% of folks won't be able to grow a beard even to the thickness of mine when it's trimmed. I still win by default.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

the 1st is ok Roland, you're supposed to start clean on the 1st.

Comment

Working...
                                X