X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrisbike
    replied
    looks like zachs old euro 323i always sad to think of that car.

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Ordered my suspension! Anyone have recommendations on someone to do a decent detail on my E30? Nothing to pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    very nice condition, too

Leave a comment:

• leegf
    replied
    Spotted this neat little guy today -- can't remember the last time I saw an E21. Seemed really tiny compared to an E30.

[

Leave a comment:

• leegf
    replied
    Originally posted by tschultz View Post
    Didn't know you were in the area!
    Hey Tom! Yep, in town for a wedding. Hope all is well :)

Leave a comment:

• tschultz
    replied
    Originally posted by leegf View Post
    My dudes, which one of you was driving the sweet late-model red sedan this evening on Aurora Pkwy and Smoky Hill?
    Didn't know you were in the area!

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Nice! Enjoy

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied

I bought a car guys!!

Leave a comment:

• leegf
    replied
    My dudes, which one of you was driving the sweet late-model red sedan this evening on Aurora Pkwy and Smoky Hill?

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by jneumss View Post
    Hey guys, I'm heading down to Pikes Peak for the hill climb on Sunday. I haven't been before, anybody have any suggestions on the best spot to spectate?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

From everything I know everyone has always told me go early, I know last year they had a shuttle you could go up on, but other than that I'm not super familiar!

Leave a comment:

• jneumss
    replied
    Hey guys, I'm heading down to Pikes Peak for the hill climb on Sunday. I haven't been before, anybody have any suggestions on the best spot to spectate?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Slow in a straight line doesn't mean it isn't fun! There are so many tracks in Colorado and that's where the E30 really is the most fun. Drive both cars. Depending on your situation I would opt for the slower 5 speed over the faster auto if you want to have fun with the car every now and then.

Well my thought is if that 318 needs trans work then maybe it would be a good opportunity to swap it if I could find a motor and trans that would go in so I'm not sure what to do ughhhh

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Slow in a straight line doesn't mean it isn't fun! There are so many tracks in Colorado and that's where the E30 really is the most fun. Drive both cars. Depending on your situation I would opt for the slower 5 speed over the faster auto if you want to have fun with the car every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Or would it be better to buy this what looks to be clean 4 door 325 that's auto and then swap in a 5 speed....

Leave a comment:

• Chaseb124
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    They're pretty slow in a straight line, 100-120whp. Test drive it first, of course
    Be weary of rattling from the engine (chain/tensioners/guides) and, of course, rust. The M42 is a pretty smooth engine and you shouldn't really feel any hesitations or rough idling. They're quite solid otherwise, just don't plan on using an 1800 E30 as your daily, or as reliable transportation. E30s don't really have the best rep for being... um... always working.

I appreciate the input, and that's all good stuff to know, the car may one day be daily, is the 318is a car that could one day be worth swapping? My buddy has an m50 that he said he'd sell me with a trans or what about making the m42 a 2L or boosting it? I've heard they are light... that would be an advantage but stock I feel like I'd rather have a 325, but if this 318is could work then it wouldn't be bad but he was also saying it needs trans work but from what I was reading it sounds like it's more cost effective to just buy a used trans...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X