Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I'm well aware. I just hate working on my car instead of actually driving it.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

meh, i might as well dump some of my opinions on here.

ASTs for subie: not worth it. It's still a 67 hp Subaru wagon, no matter how stiff the suspension gets. Keep the subie just how it is, minimal maintenance, just to keep it as a winter car. Oh, do they have winters where you are going? I am honestly not sure. If not, leave the Subie in Boulder. You don't need it unless there is snow or significant off-road driving needed.

Your M3 is modded to the gills already. Just fix anything that is broken on the M3, and drive, maintain, repeat. It sounds good, looks good, goes, turns, and stops fast. That is all you need. As far as "cop magnet", just don't break the law. Not that hard. Red cars are perfectly legal, even in CA. Oh and as far as carrying stuff, how much stuff does a single guy have? if I was single, all my stuff would fit in my E30 just fine, provided I clean the oil and dirt sludge out of my trunk...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        meh, i might as well dump some of my opinions on here.

ASTs for subie: not worth it. It's still a 67 hp Subaru wagon, no matter how stiff the suspension gets. Keep the subie just how it is, minimal maintenance, just to keep it as a winter car. Oh, do they have winters where you are going? I am honestly not sure. If not, leave the Subie in Boulder. You don't need it unless there is snow or significant off-road driving needed.

Your M3 is modded to the gills already. Just fix anything that is broken on the M3, and drive, maintain, repeat. It sounds good, looks good, goes, turns, and stops fast. That is all you need. As far as "cop magnet", just don't break the law. Not that hard. Red cars are perfectly legal, even in CA. Oh and as far as carrying stuff, how much stuff does a single guy have? if I was single, all my stuff would fit in my E30 just fine, provided I clean the oil and dirt sludge out of my trunk...
        agreed 100%.

Comment

We all do Roland, that's pretty much what we've all told him lol.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

One more point: what wheels/tires are you planning for the Subie? if they aren't super wide/low profile/summer performance/R-comp, ASTs are useless.

Comment

As the driver owner of a fast bright yellow car (Cop Color) I've never gotten a ticket in it and drive it as aggressively as any of my other cars.

But my wife has gotten 2 speeding tickets in it...

Case and Point, it's all about the driver not the car or color.

Comment

It's just smarter leaving options open by using the scoob. What if a bunch of friends want to go camping or on a road trip? The scoob holds stuff. What about a GF that doesnt like 5 pt harnesses and loud cars? What about helping friends move? I could keep going. Cops around here are nice, that isn't the case everywhere. Example, in Iowa you WILL get pulled over if you have a decent looking car. For no reason, just to search. Not sure what it's like in cali, just saying it does happen. Sure the M is more fun for ONE guy. I'd rather have the scoob while in school personally.

.........Just to start more fun rambling! lol

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                  It's just smarter leaving options open by using the scoob. What if a bunch of friends want to go camping or on a road trip? The scoob holds stuff. What about a GF that doesnt like 5 pt harnesses and loud cars? What about helping friends move? I could keep going. Cops around here are nice, that isn't the case everywhere. Example, in Iowa you WILL get pulled over if you have a decent looking car. For no reason, just to search. Not sure what it's like in cali, just saying it does happen. Sure the M is more fun for ONE guy. I'd rather have the scoob while in school personally.

.........Just to start more fun rambling! lol
                  Having only an M3 - perfect excuse for not being sucked into helping someone move. Also, GF deterrent which means more currency and better grades! :)

I will agree about Iowa. Was pulled over for 74 in a 70 in the M3. bleh.

Comment

I was pulled over about 5-10 times a year in Iowa. Got 2 tickets total. One for 3 over, my sister got one for 1 over. Friends got tint tickets for having a CO car with tint legal in CO. List goes on....it's BS. One friend would get searched about once a week because his brother had a run in with drugs while he never did. Parents sued the county.

Comment

One day you'll take an interest in girls Roland... Hopefully

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        One day you'll take an interest in girls Roland... Hopefully
                        I got a funny feeling this one time

Comment

Good thing we aren't in Iowa, eh?

(how did Iowa get into this anyway? Iowa is like over by Wisconsin and stuff...)

and someone broke out the "girls" card, and I think there is no contest as to which car will attract more females, if that is a point of debate.

Comment

A red M3 is attracting the wrong type of girls....

Comment

Do tell lol

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                                Good thing we aren't in Iowa, eh?

(how did Iowa get into this anyway? Iowa is like over by Wisconsin and stuff...)
                                It's just a bunch of power-tripping cops that didn't do anything with their lives so they stayed in their small hometown of 500 people to be a "police officer".

Here is my favorite. To exit our high school parking lot you had to drive on a gravel part of the lot that went between the baseball fields. The cops would park behind the dugouts and radar, then pull you over for going over 5mph because apparently that is the speed limit of a parking lot. My cars spedo didnt even start until 10mph. I kid you not. I never got a ticket because I stayed after for cross country/track most of the year but nearly everyone else got one eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X