X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tschultz
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
    Usually bleeding the clutch is a one man job. If you haven’t watched it already.
    https://youtu.be/xl5WQCgUjDc

The trick is to remove and push on the slave by hand like 5-6 times slowly. As you do so, it should get harder. Once you are sure that it doesn't have air in it, then you move the master which should have some pedal. You pump it up in a couple minutes as it is self bleeding...

Leave a comment:

• THE DUDE ABIDES
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
    Anyone have a power bleeder and/or willing to lend me a hand properly bleeding my clutch? I put all new soft and hard lines as well as a new slave and master cylinder and it's not felt right since. Its super hard to get into gear when it's cold and once warmed up usually feels OK but is still not right.

The pedal is really light when cold and usually stiffens up once it's warmed up. I'm trying to get this bled properly so I know if the issue lies internally. I'll pay with beer, food, highfives or all of the above.
    If you haven't got anyone yet, I might be able to help. I've got a Mityvac bleeder that just sits around. I'm in Westminster.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisbike
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
    Anyone have a power bleeder and/or willing to lend me a hand properly bleeding my clutch? I put all new soft and hard lines as well as a new slave and master cylinder and it's not felt right since. Its super hard to get into gear when it's cold and once warmed up usually feels OK but is still not right.

The pedal is really light when cold and usually stiffens up once it's warmed up. I'm trying to get this bled properly so I know if the issue lies internally. I'll pay with beer, food, highfives or all of the above.
    My friend John has my motive powerbleeder. Have no idea if he’s done using it, but I think so since he drove his e30 today (first time in a year). He’s in south glen area if you want me to give ya his cell.

Usually bleeding the clutch is a one man job. If you haven’t watched it already.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_S
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FKNFASTM5
    replied
    Hey all, not much going on in this thread but wanted to see if their was any interest in a 24v E30 project. I won't get into too much detail, but here are the basics;

91 318 Sedan (slicktop)
    Body is in good shape with the exception of the area under the trunk lid and above the license plate.
    Car has an M52 with ZF in it ready to go, just needs to be buttoned up. Swap harness, oil pan, booster, etc are all included and installed already.

Comes with spare trunk lid, IS spoiler and some other stuff.

My wife and I just recently moved to the denver area and welcomed our first child. Needless to say, free time to work on this is not on the horizon.

I'm happy to show the car or go into much more detail if their is any interest. I can be reached at

FIVE61-Five04-Three044 or PM on here although i am not on much these days.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• THE DUDE ABIDES
    replied
    Remaking the adapter is an option. Making essentially the same piece just shorter, thus raising the whole unit up. If remaking the adapter, that also allows the option to change the angle at which the turbo will sit. How much higher do you need to raise it? It looks like you could maybe get a couple inches higher with a shorter adapter.

Leave a comment:

• downforce22
    replied
    Looks good, nice first post.

I have a cast m42 mosselman bottom mount turbo manifold and may turbo my 318is this summer/fall. I am trying to figure out the oil drain and it looks like it needs a sump pump but the manifold uses an adapter to hold the turbo. See attached picture. Any idea if this could be modified/ recreated to raise the turbo up a bit so I could use a gravity oil drain down to the oil pan?

Leave a comment:

• THE DUDE ABIDES
    replied
    Also, for future reference, I am a CNC machinist by trade, sooooooo....if you need anything custom made, shoot me a message and I will let you know what we can do.

Leave a comment:

• THE DUDE ABIDES
    replied
    Hey, guys. I've been reading these forums for a few years now, but am just now deciding to register. I'm in Westminster and I'm getting really close to finishing my '87 325 build. I swapped and stroked a 325i motor in and reworked literally everything else on the car. It's seriously a brand new car. Here's a few pics. Sorry they kinda suck....taken with a phone.

Leave a comment:

• nogapersnBMWs
    replied
    Denver BMW tuners BBQ 4/8 @ 5:30 pm

Very informal BMW tuners BBQ 4/8 @ 5:30 pm, 55 Ingalls St, Lakewood, CO 80226.

Please bring your own food to cook and liquids to drink. Most of you WILL know whose house it is once you arrive.

Sorry for late notice, but there WILL be many other of these BBQ's, with local drives before and/or after.

Leave a comment:

• downforce22
    replied
    good deal^^ but I already have the same 35 mm lens and kit lens

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Anyone want this stuff before I throw it on CL?

Finally time to sell my D3100. I've had it for over 4 years now. It has taught me a lot but it's time for me to go bigger. This a great option to get into photography with.

$250 for the R3V mountain homies

Everything shown is included.

D3100 body
    18-55mm kit lens
    35mm f/1.8 DX specific lens
    CPL filter
    UV/lens protector
    Necessary accessories (battery/charger/etc.)
    Gonna throw in a 4gb sd card just to get you rolling

And just some proof that it works:

Taken just now:

If you're looking for sample pics, you can find some here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/phillip_keefe/

Leave a comment:

• aaron325ix
    replied
    So who was at Ski Cooper today with the red E30 M3?

Leave a comment:

• Nick_S
    replied
    Who dis? I was riding the Barnum dirt jumps (6th and Federal), saw these two on the 6th heading west. late model vert and looked like an earl model coupe with some big fog lights.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisbike
    replied
    Originally posted by tschultz View Post
    1:00pm in Morrison today

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/9HNaG2LLRn32
    There is always next time...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X