Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben- Nope I was at home reading fucking economics at that time. My exhaust used to be loud as shit on the iX but I put a stock exhaust on it cause it was driving me nuts, lots of people wanting to race and that thing is slow as hell.

Peter- I probably need the whole package, the rotors have a healthy lip worn into them, need to get my calipers out and see if it is worth while to have them turned.

I found a few pics from the PO, do you want me to post them here or just give a link?

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
    Originally posted by Chachi
    young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiE30 View Post
      okay......haha.

New pads? Or do you need the whole deal?
      I can turn rotors at school for free. It takes about 20 minutes for a pair.

BISHOP: no, never done the tar removal. Was that to balance the car? I assumed it was just waterproofing/sound deadening.
      I have, however, ripped all of that rubber insulation shit out of the tranny tunnel. Mainly just because it was all warped and prevented me from getting to tranny mounting bolts and kept landing in my eyes.
      I dunno what the specifics of the tar material stuff is, I just read in one of the threads it was to help balance the car... I don't imagine it's a great sound deadening material. Who knows though, I read it on an internet forum, could be totally wrong.

Sean I think it is right? Since I don't know if we actually all introduced ourselves the other night. Link or post would be fine, I only remember seeing your car one time briefly at the dealer.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

As for the tar removal I highly doubt that it HELPS the weight distribution, as our cars are front heavy to begin with. People just remove it to reduce weight. And I am pretty sure it has been done to my grey car, in the trunk atleast not sure about the rear seat area.

Comment

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
          My exhaust used to be loud as shit on the iX but I put a stock exhaust on it cause it was driving me nuts, lots of people wanting to race and that thing is slow as hell.
          hahaha......idiots always want to race e30s for some reason. I pulled up to Sheridan and 120th this morning on the way to the grocery store, and I looked to my right to see some good lookin' girl in lifted pickup looking down into my car, just staring. So I'm thinking 'okay, whatever' and don't worry about it. Then the light turns green and she just BLASTS through the intersection. I was laughing so hard, because I have no idea why she was trying to race me, I mean, she looked into the passenger side of my car and MUST have seen the fact that I've got an extra ~800lb engine just sitting there in my passenger seat. Maybe she thought the car was actually using both?

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          Who knows though, I read it on an internet forum, could be totally wrong.
          I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS.
          ONLY THE TRUTH IS ALLOWED ON THE INTERNET. AOL says so.
          Originally posted by stoliver54
          Aw, balls.
          FS: assault gear....
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

So here are some of the pictures that made me fly half way around the world to go buy the car, hopefully you guys see the beauty that I did. If not, fuck you.

Comment

Wow stoliver that's a clean car good looking bay too I will be doin my swap as soon I get all the shit needed. But if you dnt mind me lookin around your car so I get a better idea or share yours?
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

You can look all you want my friend, but this little lady is mine
                I plan to go to upcoming CUSCC meets as they are more local, that and I want to show a couple guys that they aren't as fast as they think. :evil:

Like I said I want to do a couple of things before I start using it as my DD for the year, but hit me up if you want to check it out in person.

Comment

I still want to see it more. I just saw it that one time. I wanna go for a ride since my car would be the same (I wanna see if the 17s impact performance at all)... Plus I wanna just ride in a swap car... Maybe drive it? :D maybe, maybe? :)

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Car looks great!

Tar removal - I just did this last weekend actually. Weighed 49 lbs for me. I had the AC removed from the front and a heavy sub box in the rear so if anything it brought the weight distribution back to stock. I didn't notice any change in interior sound levels. Using dry ice to cool it down makes it really easy.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I have a Luke Box on its way, and I was thinking the removal of the tar would offset the weight of the box. Then A/C and useless stuff in the front could be removed and hopefully balance out a little better. We'll see. I need to look up the best way of doing the car. I've heard dry ice and a big hammer, I've heard of a heat gun and scraper, I've heard of letting the car sit in the sun with the trunk open and it peels right up.... I want as little mess as possible, regardless of the work.

Comment

Dry ice + pry bar + dead blow = win

I was able to get half of it out without any heat or dry ice, but the other half wouldn't budge so I got the dry ice. I should have just started with the dry ice. Let it get really cold and it will come off pretty easy. I used 5lbs for half of it and had enough left over to make bombs and smoke buckets. I would probably get 10lbs if you do the entire trunk with it. Just break it up in chucks and let it sit for a while. Just make sure to move the blocks around to get all the tar frozen.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Do you have pics of what was leftover? Did it leave a ton of residue in the trunk?

Comment

i was gonna go with the heat gun, but this sounds easier...
                            1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                            1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                            1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                            1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                            1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                            I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Yeah, heat gun and letting the sun beat down on it sounded like it would get really sticky and really messy.... Freezing it sounds better.

Comment

either way its gonna stick, i pulled the tar from the floor on my car, and it had the honeycomb structure of the tar still.

i think you're still gonna get a lil mess, just see whats best for you?

i gotta finish removing the tar on my floorpan, grind out the rust, and rusto it all over again. if any moisture gets btwn the tar and floor, crap. i think i'll hit my trunk just to be sure.
                                1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                                1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                                1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                                1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                                1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                                I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X