Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh trust me.... Once where and when is sorted out and I've spent the $$ on necessary parts as well as whatever else I may wanna spruce up, I'm gonna put some $$ aside for good beer to drink while breaking things on my car.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I've done a timing belt 2x, but not on a m20b25. It looks a little harder to get to than on the eta, mainly because of that damn CPS.
      Originally posted by stoliver54
      Aw, balls.
      FS: assault gear....
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        I could drink beer in the driveway while "learning" how to do it.
        I'm a pro at doing this. My car is a jackstand queen!
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah both timing belt, and to a lesser extent wheel bearing replacement are on my 50/50 point of pay (i.e. ASW) or play (i.e. DIY) both are PITA, and either require specific tools or patience which is why I haven't sprung for either. And once I'm done paying Cal (who does all the thing I won't do i.e. electrical, and apparently wheel bearings and timing belts) @ ~$1000 for both jobs I'd think "Shit I could have spent $300 and gotten 2 new tools!"

So anybody already own a wheel bearing puller, or a timing light (I know not necessary)? And wants a bunch of buzzed car dorks to hang out with in the driveway or garage or their choice?

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
            Yeah both timing belt, and to a lesser extent wheel bearing replacement are on my 50/50 point of pay (i.e. ASW) or play (i.e. DIY) both are PITA, and either require specific tools or patience which is why I haven't sprung for either. And once I'm done paying Cal (who does all the thing I won't do i.e. electrical, and apparently wheel bearings and timing belts) @ ~$1000 for both jobs I'd think "Shit I could have spent $300 and gotten 2 new tools!"

So anybody already own a wheel bearing puller, or a timing light (I know not necessary)? And wants a bunch of buzzed car dorks to hang out with in the driveway or garage or their choice?
            Yea....my problem is I have zero time to work on cars so I pretty much have to pay Cal to do it. Working while in school suuuuucks. But money doesn't!
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

especially when you don't have the tools
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Finally got my plate filler! I couldn't stand the awkward opening for the small US plates. It just looked like it got hacked up. Much smoother now. It looks nice out in the sunlight even though the car is black and it isn't all shiny, the picture looks a little strange.

Euro trim gets delivered Monday!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I like the plate filler!

I should probably get a bearing puller one of these days.....

and...does anyone have access to a towing rig? (flat bed, trailer, truck, crane, whatever)
                  I need to relocate my non-driving vert back to my house from school (~3miles).

Whoever comes to the meet will get to see why......:loco:

EDIT: will trade good beer for towage
                  Last edited by ZombiE30; 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM. Reason: not enticing enough
                  Originally posted by stoliver54
                  Aw, balls.
                  FS: assault gear....
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

Finally got my plate filler! I couldn't stand the awkward opening for the small US plates. It just looked like it got hacked up. Much smoother now. It looks nice out in the sunlight even though the car is black and it isn't all shiny, the picture looks a little strange.

Euro trim gets delivered Monday!

Damn that looks good. Can you PM links for filler and trim? Did you buy from Bav Auto? I've been wanting to look into getting that same plate filler as well as Euro trim since all my trim is pretty jacked up and in need of refreshing anyway. I need some roundels too.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                      Damn that looks good. Can you PM links for filler and trim? Did you buy from Bav Auto? I've been wanting to look into getting that same plate filler as well as Euro trim since all my trim is pretty jacked up and in need of refreshing anyway. I need some roundels too.
                      PM sent. That was my primary reason for getting euro trim too. Mine is all faded and cracked. It should clean up the car a lot.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

PM sent. That was my primary reason for getting euro trim too. Mine is all faded and cracked. It should clean up the car a lot.
                        nice exactly the one I'm getting and cheaper than Abraham's as plus I think it looks better.
                        sigpic
                        HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                        " enjoy the show "

Comment

Got your PM, but was at a meet tonight (awesome time too). Gonna check your PM prolly this weekend, I'm in prep mode after I check my emails tonight to get ready for autox tomorrow.

Comment

how was the meet tonight?
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

" enjoy the show "

Comment

Fun. Cool people, cool cars, then we went and ate and bullshitted for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                                Fun. Cool people, cool cars, then we went and ate and bullshitted for a while.
                                ^^.. thats cool I have a horrible headache, I made the big mistake in not ordering my shocks only the springs so more pain for my head figuring out where to buy them from, whats best price and place for urethane sway bushings?
                                sigpic
                                HyperWerkz

" enjoy the show "

Comment

Working...
                                X