Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machining them gives new pads a fresh surface to bite on. Machining also removes the lip on the edge if they're somewhat old rotors, and if your rotors are warped, its the only way to bring em back to being straight instead of buying replacements.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

How much is it per rotor to get a shop to turn them? I got new ones for $25/per so....yea. More than that and you might as well get new blanks. www.raceshopper.com is the shit for brake stuff.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

The cheapest I have found them so far is 69.95 each

I 'applied' for a quote from raceshopper so we will see how they compare... And can you get OEM brakes from them? The only options I got were for slotted, cross drilled, slotted and crossdrilled, then diamond slotted. Seemed kind of weird, but hey if they are cheap...(Not a good thing to say on such an important part)

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
        Originally posted by Chachi
        young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

(Double post)
          But I guess I am an idiot, I went back and found their Best Brakes that meet or exceed OEM specs, so I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the link.

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
          Originally posted by Chachi
          young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

nuff said...

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              :crazy:
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

whats up with the sideways trunk?
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Mad show car skillz

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

westminster..... thats a given

Comment

where are you finding the "best rotors" at? I'm stuck here.

I just want some brembo blanks. lol. not now, but for the future you know.
                      1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                      1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                      1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                      1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                      1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                      I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        How much is it per rotor to get a shop to turn them? I got new ones for $25/per so....yea. More than that and you might as well get new blanks. www.raceshopper.com is the shit for brake stuff.
                        that's probably how much it costs to get them turned at checker or whatever. If you go into an actual brake place it's probably more, but I dunno 'cause I do my own.

.......HOLY SHIT

I kinda like that car.....except:

tiny wheels look gay as hell ALWAYS
                        sideways trunk.......tacky
                        front bumper core exposed
                        front valence unpainted
                        and I don't even wanna know what's involved with hydraulics

Basically, i like the flashy paint/upholstery and old school 320 vert style.
                        Originally posted by stoliver54
                        Aw, balls.
                        FS: assault gear....
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

so who all is going to the auto x in co springs this saturday???
                          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

not me!
                            - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                            Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

I was considering it, but some pretty shaky current events are barring me from doing anything fun for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                                I was considering it, but some pretty shaky current events are barring me from doing anything fun for a while.
                                what shaky events be these?

Comment

Working...
                                X