Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shot in the dark, but is it a small diameter M-tech wheel? I will trade/cash if so.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
      I am thinking the bumpers are worth $100-175, But I have no clue, I have never looked for them. What do you guys think a m42 transmission is worth? How about shadowline trim? M-tech 1 wheel in decent shape? I am trying to get a feel for what the entire car is worth to Iamcreepingdeath.
      M42 transmission = $50-100. It's weak and only usable by M42s.....
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
        I am thinking the bumpers are worth $100-175, But I have no clue, I have never looked for them. What do you guys think a m42 transmission is worth? How about shadowline trim? M-tech 1 wheel in decent shape? I am trying to get a feel for what the entire car is worth to Iamcreepingdeath.
        I am really interested in the bumpers. What color are they?

On another note, I am getting ready to do suspension on my IX. I am lloking to do GC coilovers and was wondering, are they doable for the average automotive enthusiast? I am handy with tools and so is my dad, we both work on cars a good bit. We have a garage, a good array of tools, no welder, two jack stands and a jack. Would this be doable for the two of us? If not would anyone be interested in helping or loaning a tool or two to get it done? I have access to a welder at school and while I don't claim to be a pro welder, after seeing what passes as a pro weld I think mine are pretty much on par with some and above a few.

Comment

Are you sending your strut tubes to them to be cut, welded, powdercoated and assembled? If so, good. If not, do it and find the money to do it.

Otherwise, yes. When you get the pieces back from GC the hubs won't be assembled, so you need to find the proper socket for it (it's a bitch, I don't remember size). But yeah, I did my GC's in my driveway in like a few hours with a friend, not going super fast, just lazily getting it done.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Ok, on the ix you don't shorten the strut tubes but, they can remove the old prech and weld on the new one for you? If thats the case then I think it should be pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
              Ok, on the ix you don't shorten the strut tubes but, they can remove the old prech and weld on the new one for you? If thats the case then I think it should be pretty easy.
              How close are you to actually purchasing this stuff?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^ I should be buying it within the next few weeks.

Comment

The bumpers are lachsilber silver or similar to that color, they are in decent shape but the trim needs to be worked on. The clips seem to be worn out, so they stick out a bit. I would be willing to work on the price a little bit. What is the diameter of the small wheel? I will check out size of it the next time I am out there.
                  Last edited by CO318is; 10-24-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

If there's any cutting or welding and you're not 100% confident you'll do it right, send it to GC. They cut and welded mine (mostly because I didnt have the time), powdercoates the tubes, and assembled it all except for the hubs. I thought it was worth it.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Ok, on there website it says it is 190 per pair to cut, weld and paint. Do you think it would be less if all they are doing is cutting the perch off, welding and painting with no shortening? Also how much did it cost you to ship your housings and what was the turn around time? I should have my e36 to drive while this work is going on so time isn't really of the escence I am just curious.

Comment

You can also tell the differences in the wheel just by looking at them. From the pic, the small dia is on the left. If you look at the gap next to the horn buttons you can see the normal diameter has a huge gap while the small one has nearly no gap.

Comment

nice!!!^^ where you score such nice beauties?? And I demand pictures of the 318ti!! unless there's already pictures and I don't know??
                          sigpic
                          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                          " enjoy the show "

Comment

Oh those aren't mine :)

I have been looking for a small diameter Mtech wheel though to replace the normal diameter.

Comment

iX... It's easier to just give an outline of what I did, than explain downtime and such, cause I didn't have ANY downtime except for the install... As for price, I'd definitely call and ask them. It may be the same price though since the only step they're not doing is cutting, which isn't that hard at all.

I decided I wanted coilovers and found out I needed to mod the strut housings, and that GC would do it for me if I sent my stuff to them. I couldn't have any down time at the time since it was my only car. So, I found a part out thread on r3v, payed for the housings, and sight unseen, had them sent to GC to be cut and modified / used. Everything arrived promptly, the only thing that added like a week was the guy parting out cars sent two passenger side housings, I just had to wait for the driver side to be sent. After GC got them, there was a few days down time for their tech to actually get to my housings and work / modify them, then another few days for the powdercoater to do their work, etc. Then I got word they were done, and shipped. They all arrived assembled for the most part, and I just had one day of down time swapping the stuff on the car, for the new suspension. So, if you wanna build a time line around that, I'd say a couple weeks, maybe allow them a month from when your stuff leaves to when it may return, to account for hiccups along the way? Or, call and ask em. You'll be way better off just calling and talking to one of the guys there about it, ask for Jay too (Hellabad here on R3v). He's helped me in the past and they're really good guys.

Comment

Back to the exhaust work topic. I had Boulder Muffler replace my rusty tips. They were very nice and answered all my questions. While their quotes might be more then others I would still go in and talk about your exhaust desires and maybe work on a price, the quality is great.

Comment

Working...
                                X