X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup, Danny
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

off to seattle! Later douches!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        off to seattle! Later douches!
        ?

anyway Eric, having lived in denver my whole life and colorado springs the past two years, there is quite a difference.

It doesn't snow very much east of the mountains (woodland park, pikes peak etc) I havent seen much more than a foot, and maybe two foot drift from the wind. Like blefevre said you don't need too much as long as you're safe in winter conditions. I drove a 2002 with studs perfectly fine in high school, don't be an idiot, keep some momentum and if you really are that uncomfortable leave early, leave space and maybe invest in some winter tires.

You should be fine, but we have a good group of guys in the springs that come to events, you should fit right in. Most aren't too active in the winter (for obvious reasons) but here was our most recent drive.
        Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I'd love to check out you're car, any idea when you're coming?
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

oh yeah and no emissions testing in el paso county.. so BRING THE e30!!
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I think you guys are over estimating the snow. I drove on wornish crappy all seasons through a foot and a half of snow in my ix and had no problems. In CO springs you are closer to some ski resorts like telluride and monarch. Monarch is a great place with very few people and cheap tickets.

Can't wait to see you here!

Comment

I was hoping someone would chime in about resorts south of Denver.... Since I'm north, I'm only really familiar with whats off I-70

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
              Originally posted by DTM190
              "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                Roland, false. Studded tires are legal year-round in Colorado. Chains are not unless there's sufficient snow.
                Opps, must have been thinking about somewhere else then. No wonder our roads suck.

And for what it's worth Sam and Clark.....last winter was downright tame.
                Not in wyoming :facepalm:

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                I think you guys are over estimating the snow. I drove on wornish crappy all seasons through a foot and a half of snow in my ix and had no problems.

Can't wait to see you here!
                Snow tires are great, but unless you're a total novice, you can get around on all seasons. I took my 240 over Cameron Pass on hwy 14 last year through 6 inches of snow uphill and down with all seasons, one of the most fun drives of my life... Had a few close calls, but that's because I was driving like a (moron) bat out of hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                  I was hoping someone would chime in about resorts south of Denver.... Since I'm north, I'm only really familiar with whats off I-70
                  well, there's monarch, and telluride, crested butte, and silverton. god i love silverton. omfg.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    Snow tires are great, but unless you're a total novice, you can get around on all seasons.
                    This is all you need...

I never had snow tires until last year when income allowed for it. I buy them for a safety feature for all my cars now. Your car accelerates better, stops a LOT better, turns better, etc. No you don't need them, but if you can afford them it is well worth the safety for you/your family.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      This is all you need...

I never had snow tires until last year when income allowed for it. I buy them for a safety feature for all my cars now. Your car accelerates better, stops a LOT better, turns better, etc. No you don't need them, but if you can afford them it is well worth the safety for you/your family.
                      Yep. I buy em now just because they make things super fun, but if you maintain low speeds, you don't really need em.

Comment

Roland, false. Studded tires are legal year-round in Colorado. Chains are not unless there's sufficient snow.

Clicky

And for what it's worth Sam and Clark.....last winter was downright tame.
                        How about the 2 winters before that?
                        89 325i (Sold)
                        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          well, there's monarch, and telluride, crested butte, and silverton. god i love silverton. omfg.
                          Wolf Creek is down there too.
                          89 325i (Sold)
                          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                            How about the 2 winters before that?
                            Let's see......I've experienced 17 winters here in Colorado. You've experienced....four?

Last year was super tame (I-70 closed ~6 times, according to my classmate who drove every day from Keystone to class and back). Two years ago was worse(closed ~22 times, according to same classmate). Five years ago, bad (3ft snow in 24 hours during finals, a bunch of bad storms as well).

You guys seriously think last year was bad? There were only a couple bad storms!
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Let's see......I've experienced 17 winters here in Colorado. You've experienced....four?

Last year was super tame (I-70 closed ~6 times, according to my classmate who drove every day from Keystone to class and back). Two years ago was worse(closed ~22 times, according to same classmate). Five years ago, bad (3ft snow in 24 hours during finals, a bunch of bad storms as well).

You guys seriously think last year was bad? There were only a couple bad storms!
                              I never said that it was bad at all and I thought last year was fine. I dd'd my M3 on all seasons and got around fine except for one night the entire winter.
                              89 325i (Sold)
                              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                                This.

I drove my scoob for the first couple storms on my all seasons when they DID have tread. I switched to the studded snows quickly after that, and my car was faster accelerating, faster decelerating, had far more grip, was far more controllable when hooning, was far more controllable when not hooning, and had no problems with ice and snow. Same story with the Suburban, E28, Outback, and my brother's E46 325iT. Snow tires make the car WAY better in winter weather.

The biggest issue with all seasons in snow, even with awd/4wd, is braking. All seasons + awd + snow + abs doesn't hold a candle to snows + all that stuff. It's a HUGE difference, and well worth the cost. Can you get by on all seasons? Yes, absolutely.

You all buy sticky street/race rubber to go fast in parking lots and on racetracks because you have an increase in grip, acceleration, deceleration, and tire life at elevated temperatures. Why the hell wouldn't you buy the winter analog?
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X