Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to pull ix w/ tranny but no luck so far. I unbolted the transfer case, front and rear drive shaft but it won't move. An I missing something like front axles?

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      No JDM love (I guess tolerance would be the correct word) here?
      I have tons of JDM love.... for cars that aren't ugly and useless. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy2g3 View Post
        Trying to pull ix w/ tranny but no luck so far. I unbolted the transfer case, front and rear drive shaft but it won't move. An I missing something like front axles?
        not sure if you can take the tranny with it out the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
          not sure if you can take the tranny with it out the top.
          I'm starting to think so as well. Also is there an axle or something that needs to be disconnected?

Comment

In case anyone wants MORE reason to buy an E36 for a DD/track car....

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Read the article. E36 M3 kicked ass in a price-is-no-object handling test.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Pick 3, because there's no way you'll get all four.
              Bullshit. S2000 fits every bulletpoint. You can find them for under 10k now, which is cheaper than a decent e36.

S13's rock, but they're slow and the chassis is a wet noodle. I loved mine. No power, decent torque. Lots of aftermarket. Rear suspension design isn't the best but its a lot closer to the E36 than the E30.
              Chris
              97 M3
              01 325
              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

The life at 9000rpm in a S2000 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                  The life at 9000rpm in a S2000 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
                  with a factory warranty.

Such an amazing motor and car.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Wait wait wait.... Chris, where can I get an s2k for under 10k? Lol

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                    Originally posted by DTM190
                    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                      Bullshit. S2000 fits every bulletpoint. You can find them for under 10k now, which is cheaper than a decent e36.
                      S2000 = GREAT autox car.

But shitty track car. It's not the fact that the car doesn't perform, it's simply the fact that you're not allowed to run it with many organizations on track that is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post

S13's rock, but they're slow and the chassis is a wet noodle. I loved mine. No power, decent torque. Lots of aftermarket. Rear suspension design isn't the best but its a lot closer to the E36 than the E30.
                        If I go S13 it will be getting an sr20 to help the lack of power. I know the rear suspension is shared with the R32 Skyline which is still one of the fastest cars at Japanese time attacks, up there with EVO's and such. Would a healthy dose of braces help the chassis? Maybe a roll bar? How about the S14? I am pretty set on RWD from Japan.

Comment

S2000 = GREAT autox car.

But shitty track car. It's not the fact that the car doesn't perform, it's simply the fact that you're not allowed to run it with many organizations on track that is the problem.
                          So...hard top + roll bar = winner. Pretty much standard track prep.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                          If I go S13 it will be getting an sr20 to help the lack of power. I know the rear suspension is shared with the R32 Skyline which is still one of the fastest cars at Japanese time attacks, up there with EVO's and such. Would a healthy dose of braces help the chassis? Maybe a roll bar? How about the S14? I am pretty set on RWD from Japan.
                          Why not save longer for an E36 M3? Do it right the first time.

An S13 or S14 will need plenty of chassis braces (not just strut braces) and likely a weld in bar or cage to be stiff enough to be worth while.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                            Wait wait wait.... Chris, where can I get an s2k for under 10k? Lol
                            This also interests me.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                              This also interests me.
                              Search for "S2k AND blown diff OR blown engine", and you'll find a bunch under $10k.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                So...hard top + roll bar = winner. Pretty much standard track prep.
                                defeats the purpose doesn't it? If I'm going to buy a sub $10k car to put a roll bar in and go to the track with, it's going to be a 944 or an E36.

Why not save longer for an E36 M3? Do it right the first time.
                                Too. Much. Logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X